Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] I can't seem to install cwm on my tecno h6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] I can't seem to install cwm on my tecno h6

[Please help] I can't seem to install cwm on my tecno h6

mazyl
mazyl
mazyl
Techie Member
20-02-2015, 09:56 AM

I made a rom backup this morning and after I wanted to install cwm on my tecno h6 but I get the following message in Mtkdroid tools "recovery not fit for this device" little confused if anyone can tell me why I'm getting such a message since the backup is from the same fone.
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
20-02-2015, 10:50 AM
(20-02-2015, 09:56 AM)mazyl I made a rom backup this morning and after I wanted to install cwm on my tecno h6 but I get the following message in Mtkdroid tools "recovery not fit for this device" little confused if anyone can tell me why I'm getting such a message since the backup is from the same fone.

List the steps you followed

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Hovatek mobile
mazyl
mazyl
mazyl
Techie Member
20-02-2015, 10:59 AM
(20-02-2015, 10:50 AM)satin
(20-02-2015, 09:56 AM)mazyl I made a rom backup this morning and after I wanted to install cwm on my tecno h6 but I get the following message in Mtkdroid tools "recovery not fit for this device" little confused if anyone can tell me why I'm getting such a message since the backup is from the same fone.

List the steps you followed

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Hovatek mobile

Well
1. Connected the phone in ADB mode to Mtkdroid tools
2. Click on root and su shell granted
3. Clicked on the root, recovery, backup tab and selected backup
4. After backup completed. Checked and all files were in folder in Mtkdroid tools backup folder.
5. Clicked on recovery and boot and I'm taken to the backup folder to select boot image and I select what I see
6. After pressing OK. I'm taken to another folder with recovery image and I select that and press ok
Then I get the error in the Mtkdroid tools saying recovery not fit for the device.
That's it.

Sent from my TECNO H6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-02-2015, 12:05 PM
(20-02-2015, 10:59 AM)mazyl Well
1. Connected the phone in ADB mode to Mtkdroid tools
2. Click on root and su shell granted
3. Clicked on the root, recovery, backup tab and selected backup
4. After backup completed. Checked and all files were in folder in Mtkdroid tools backup folder.
5. Clicked on recovery and boot and I'm taken to the backup folder to select boot image and I select what I see
6. After pressing OK. I'm taken to another folder with recovery image and I select that and press ok
Then I get the error in the Mtkdroid tools saying recovery not fit for the device.
That's it.

Sent from my TECNO H6

tick 'To select boot from phone' instead and run MTK droid tools as admin

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mazyl
mazyl
mazyl
Techie Member
20-02-2015, 01:20 PM

OK thanks...

Sent from my TECNO H6
mazyl
mazyl
mazyl
Techie Member
21-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks I flashed the cwm and now I have cwm 5.5 installed... But is it anyway possible to update it to 6.x.x

Sent from my TECNO H6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2015, 11:18 AM
(21-02-2015, 08:26 AM)mazyl Thanks I flashed the cwm and now I have cwm 5.5 installed...  But is it anyway possible to update it to 6.x.x

Sent from my TECNO H6

We have an ongoing project on that named Project Sting

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.