Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My MTN S620 Can no longer come on after flashing it many times in 2 days

Exclamation 

Please help me as i did a stupid thing to my phone. I recently learnt how to flash MTK phones so i was so happy and went on to flash my MTN S620 mini smart phone more than 5 times in 2 days. After the last flash i noticed that the phone didn't come on anymore. When i connect my USB cord to it, it indicates that it is charging, but when i press the power button it does not come on. Also, it cannot boot into recovery or factory mode. I am pretty sure the power button is good but what i don't understand is does flashing a phone many times within a couple of days renders it in the state my phone is now or did i destroy the phones' boot loader? Any hope for my phone?. I have tried reflashing the whole bootloader but it seems i am making things worse.

(09-10-2016, 12:58 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Please help me as i did a stupid thing to my phone. I recently learnt how to flash MTK phones so i was so happy and went on to flash my MTN S620 mini smart phone more than 5 times in 2 days. After the last flash i noticed that the phone didn't come on anymore. When i connect my USB cord to it, it indicates that it is charging, but when i press the power button it does not come on. Also, it cannot boot into recovery or factory mode. I am pretty sure the power button is good but what i don't understand is does flashing a phone many times within a couple of days renders it in the state my phone is now or did i destroy the phones' boot loader? Any hope for my phone?. I have tried reflashing the whole bootloader but it seems i am making things worse.

just take out the battery and reinsert then leave it to charge to over 60% before you attempt booting
The battery was already up to 91% when the incident happened. However i tried what you guys suggested and still charged the phone till it got full still it didn't boot. Any alternative suggesstions?
(09-10-2016, 12:58 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Please help me as i did a stupid thing to my phone. I recently learnt how to flash MTK phones so i was so happy and went on to flash my MTN S620 mini smart phone more than 5 times in 2 days. After the last flash i noticed that the phone didn't come on anymore. When i connect my USB cord to it, it indicates that it is charging, but when i press the power button it does not come on. Also, it cannot boot into recovery or factory mode. I am pretty sure the power button is good but what i don't understand is does flashing a phone many times within a couple of days renders it in the state my phone is now or did i destroy the phones' boot loader? Any hope for my phone?. I have tried reflashing the whole bootloader but it seems i am making things worse.

Don't be pretty sure that the power button is okay....you might want to loose the phone and check the power button on the board this might save you from going through a lot of stress thinking the power button is okay
(09-11-2016, 02:39 AM)[email protected] Wrote: The battery was already up to 91% when the incident happened. However i tried what you guys suggested and still charged the phone till it got full still it didn't boot. Any alternative suggesstions?

Does the phone vibrate when you press the power button?
No it didn't vibrate. At a time i even flashed only preloader.bin to know if it will at least vibrate when i press power button but it didn't. Is there any way to boot the phone directly without pressing power button so i'll be sure if the fault is with the power button or not 'cause if i give an engineer to help me check it they may charge me unneccesarily.
(09-12-2016, 12:38 AM)[email protected] Wrote: No it didn't vibrate. At a time i even flashed only preloader.bin to know if it will at least vibrate when i press power button but it didn't. Is there any way to boot the phone directly without pressing power button so i'll be sure if the fault is with the power button or not 'cause if i give an engineer to help me check it they may charge me unneccesarily.

I doubt that. try holding the Volume increase button then connecting the phone to power
Hello hovatek, thanks for the assistance. I did as you guys told me. Pressed down volume up button for a while before connecting to power source/charger. It really powered on. Thanks so much hovatek. Now i know its a power button problem.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 01:26 AM by Engels. )
However i do have another problem- my accelerometer sensor is bad. Am i allowed to explain myself here or should i post a new thread?
(09-13-2016, 01:21 AM)Engels Wrote: However i do have another problem- my accelerometer sensor is bad. Am i allowed to explain myself here or should i post a new thread?

New thread please.