Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] tecno c9 boots directly to a non working recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] tecno c9 boots directly to a non working recovery

[Please help] tecno c9 boots directly to a non working recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ian kamau
ian kamau
ian kamau
11-09-2016, 06:05 PM

i tried to root tecno c9 using twrp recovery ported by hovatek.i successfully unlocked the bootloader and successfully installed the twrp recovery using fastboot.the problem arose after i typed in the command "fastboot reboot" after i had installed the twrp recovery image via fastboot.the phone boot straight to recovery instead of booting normally.the recovery is unresponsive to touch and all the buttons.please help as any attempts to flash the stock rom via sp flashing tools has failed.it would really help if there was a way of accessing fastboot or flashing the stock rom.thankyou
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
11-09-2016, 10:20 PM
(11-09-2016, 06:05 PM)ian kamau i tried to root tecno c9 using twrp recovery ported by hovatek.i successfully unlocked the bootloader and successfully installed the twrp recovery using fastboot.the problem arose after i typed in the command "fastboot reboot" after i had installed the twrp recovery image via fastboot.the phone boot straight to recovery instead of booting normally.the recovery is unresponsive to touch and all the buttons.please help as any attempts to flash the stock rom via sp flashing tools has failed.it would really help if there was a way of accessing fastboot or flashing the stock rom.thankyou

Have yoh tried powering off the phone manually by holding power button down for some seconds and booting up normally?
And what error do you get when trying to flash with spflashtool?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-09-2016, 05:46 PM
(11-09-2016, 06:05 PM)ian kamau i tried to root tecno c9 using twrp recovery ported by hovatek.i successfully unlocked the bootloader and successfully installed the twrp recovery using fastboot.the problem arose after i typed in the command "fastboot reboot" after i had installed the twrp recovery image via fastboot.the phone boot straight to recovery instead of booting normally.the recovery is unresponsive to touch and all the buttons.please help as any attempts to flash the stock rom via sp flashing tools has failed.it would really help if there was a way of accessing fastboot or flashing the stock rom.thankyou

I'm not sure you followed the rooting guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-root...-camon-c9/ properly
To fix your phone, you're to download the Tecno C9 firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14957.html and flash using Miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ian kamau
ian kamau
ian kamau
13-09-2016, 01:59 PM
(12-09-2016, 05:46 PM)hovatek
(11-09-2016, 06:05 PM)ian kamau i tried to root tecno c9 using twrp recovery ported by hovatek.i successfully unlocked the bootloader and successfully installed the twrp recovery using fastboot.the problem arose after i typed in the command "fastboot reboot" after i had installed the twrp recovery image via fastboot.the phone boot straight to recovery instead of booting normally.the recovery is unresponsive to touch and all the buttons.please help as any attempts to flash the stock rom via sp flashing tools has failed.it would really help if there was a way of accessing fastboot or flashing the stock rom.thankyou

I'm not sure you followed the rooting guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-root...-camon-c9/ properly
To fix your phone, you're to download the Tecno C9 firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14957.html and flash using Miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
Thankyou i did as per the above instructions but i ran into a small error while flashing with miracle box.The error was
Error set: patti,please advice on how to take care of this problem
Attached Files
.png
c9 miracle box.PNG
Size: 187.51 KB / Downloads: 16
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2016, 08:16 AM

(13-09-2016, 01:59 PM)ian kamau Thankyou i did as per the above instructions but i ran into a small error while flashing with miracle box.The error was
Error set: patti,please advice on how to take care of this problem

Retry flashing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ian kamau
ian kamau
ian kamau
15-09-2016, 10:05 AM
i flashed and it worked.it flashed the rom completely.but theres one small problem though,the phone lights up,shows the tecno logo then shuts down and does the same as before,please advice on what to do
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2016, 12:06 PM
(15-09-2016, 10:05 AM)ian kamau i flashed and it worked.it flashed the rom completely.but theres one small problem though,the phone lights up,shows the tecno logo then shuts down and does the same as before,please advice on what to do

Boot into recovery mode and do a factory reset

Note!
ian kamau
ian kamau
ian kamau
15-09-2016, 03:28 PM
(15-09-2016, 12:06 PM)hovatek
(15-09-2016, 10:05 AM)ian kamau i flashed and it worked.it flashed the rom completely.but theres one small problem though,the phone lights up,shows the tecno logo then shuts down and does the same as before,please advice on what to do

Boot into recovery mode and do a factory reset

when i boot into recovery.the phone only shows a hios logo and is unresponsive to any button.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-09-2016, 12:09 AM
(15-09-2016, 03:28 PM)ian kamau when i boot into recovery.the phone only  shows a hios logo and is unresponsive to any button.

do an emmc wipe in factory mode (vol down + power button)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2016, 06:56 AM

(15-09-2016, 03:28 PM)ian kamau when i boot into recovery.the phone only shows a hios logo and is unresponsive to any button.

What button combo did you use?

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next