Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Can't locate md5.inf file after backing up Rom

I backup my stock rom yesterday and when i tried to prepare blocks to flash, i couldn't locate the md5 file in the backup folder. But the file is in my phone (sd card). They also created a backup in the phone. so can i copy the md5 file (ie the one mtk droid tool created on my phone) from my phone to the laptop and then use it to prepare blocks to flash?...Please help

(09-14-2016, 09:37 AM)Ayibaebi Wrote: I backup my stock rom yesterday and when i tried to prepare blocks to flash, i couldn't locate the md5 file in the backup folder. But the file is in my phone (sd card). They also created a backup in the phone. so can i copy the md5 file (ie the one mtk droid tool created on my phone) from my phone to the laptop and then use it to prepare blocks to flash?...Please help

Is the mtk droid tool giving u warning about md5 file.... I will advise u to try backing using the stock rom again using miracle box and let's see the result...

Link to miracle box. https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html
No.. it didn't warn me of md5 file. ..And Miracle box is not working on my laptop. It refused to open the app
(09-15-2016, 02:19 AM)Ayibaebi Wrote: No.. it didn't warn me of md5 file. ..And Miracle box is not working on my laptop. It refused to open the app
What is the model of your phone?
Also delete and re~extract miracle box ensure to follow the guide properly https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html
Tecno y2
(09-15-2016, 02:19 AM)Ayibaebi Wrote: No.. it didn't warn me of md5 file. ..And Miracle box is not working on my laptop. It refused to open the app

What's d error you are getting when trying to open miracle?
(09-15-2016, 07:02 PM)Ayibaebi Wrote: Tecno y2

MTKdroidtools should work fine for t.y2
* did you try doing the backup again? refer to https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html
* also answer @apara's question
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2016, 10:19 PM by Ayibaebi. )
Yea... Am just confuse. After the backup, i could not locate file.md5 in the laptop, rather it was in my phone (sd card) in the backup folder that mtk droid tool created automatically. So since the md5 file is not in the laptop, can i copy the file from my phone (sd card) to my laptop and then prepare blocks for flash?
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2016, 10:21 PM by Ayibaebi. )
look at the error am getting when trying to open miracle box. @d Attachment below

Attached Files
.png   error.png (Size: 30.19 KB / Downloads: 4)
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 08:31 AM by hovatek. )
(09-17-2016, 10:12 PM)Ayibaebi Wrote: Yea... Am just confuse. After the backup, i could not locate file.md5 in the laptop, rather it was in my phone (sd card) in the backup folder that mtk droid tool created automatically. So since the md5 file is not in the laptop, can i copy the file from my phone (sd card) to my laptop and then prepare blocks for flash?

Doesn't work that way.
Attach a screenshot of the files present in the backup folder on your PC.
Also, what version of MTK Droid tools are you using?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)