03-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Sometimes, when you tried to download a file with IDM
(Internet Download Manager), it failed to download the
file. You got frustrated when the file has already been
downloaded to more than 50%. A Message appeared on
IDM which says " Do you want to download the file
from the beginning".
It happened due to the several problems like: -
1. When server stoped responding
2. Your Internet connection has problems
3. You manually pause it
4. Stopped it to download it later because you know it
has the capability of resuming.
Response of the IDM was "Do you want to download it
from the beginning". Definitely, you don't want to
download it from the beginning while you have
downloaded 1GB or more.
There are tips and tricks to download the file from where
IDM has stopped or you had paused it.
1. Open the same file in your browser, click to download
it again, when dialog window appear select "download it
later". (Check to ensure that the file must have the same
file size and from the same link/server).
2. Open IDM manager window and double click the file
you have selected to download later
3. Select the full address field and press Ctrl+c to copy
to the clipboard.
4. Now, double click the file which has refused to resume
and paste the new address which you have copied
earlier in the address field and press OK.
5. In the IDM manager window click the file and press
resume. 90% of the resuming problems has been
resolved by this little tip and trick.
Hovatek....just a button away!