Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Development] How to root and unroot an Infinix Hot 2 X510 running on Android 6 (Marshmallow)

(04-08-2017, 09:56 AM)moontah Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 11:32 AM)hovatek Wrote: In previous guides on the Infinix Hot 2 X510, I explained how to upgrade from Android Lollipop (5) to Marshmallow (6) using the OTA method (https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-upgra...rshmallow/) and the more convenient SP Flash tool method (https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-upgra...lash-tool/). Today’s guide will focus on rooting. 

How do I root the Infinix Hot 2 X510 running on Marshmallow?
[Image: Hovatek-How-to-make-TWRP-recovery-perman...hone-1.jpg]
[Image: how-to-root-infinix-hot-2-marshmallow-576x1024.png]

How do I unroot the Infinix Hot 2 X510 running on Marshmallow?
[Image: how-to-unroot-infinix-hot-2-marshmallow-576x1024.png]

Will I lose any data (like contacts) during the above rooting and unrooting procedures?

No you wont. The above techniques deal with only the recovery and system partitions, not the data partition. Only things placed or installed in /system will be removed. If you would like to backup (contacts, SMS, calendar etc) anyway then simply follow the guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/backup-your-...er-backup/ .
bro, i've tried this method and i've got the DRAM 4032 error, how to fix it? btw i'm using the latest update Infinix Hot 2 indonesia

Please visit https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-439.html on list of flash tool error and how to fix them

Sent from my iPhone using the Hovatek Forum App

Please follow the instructions on https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-927.html

Sent from my iPhone using Hovatek Forum
(04-08-2017, 09:56 AM)moontah Wrote: bro, i've tried this method and i've got the DRAM 4032 error, how to fix it? btw i'm using the latest update Infinix Hot 2 indonesia

That's a mismatch error. Can I see a full screenshot showing the error message?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:

Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)

Request for Private Support
* Install the Hovatek Forum app
* Listen to H-Tech Radio
* Helpline: +2348021840309
* Email: technical@hovatek.com
Hi all,

Can help me here? I`m trying to root my Infinix Hot 2 running marshmallow with above steps. But when i boot into recovery mode i didnt seem boot into TWRP recovery as shown above (the image). There were only options like 'install updates from ADb, from SD Card, root integrity checker, etc'

I already followed step by step, but still cant root my phone. When i tried to choose 'install updates from SD card and choose the SuperUser zip i downloaded from the forum' the notification said installation aborted.

Please help me anyone. I need to root my phone to recover some data lost on my internal phone. Any help will really appreciated.

thanks!
(05-03-2017, 08:55 AM)kaebsong Wrote: Hi all,

Can help me here? I`m trying to root my Infinix Hot 2 running marshmallow with above steps. But when i boot into recovery mode i didnt seem boot into TWRP recovery as shown above (the image). There were only options like 'install updates from ADb, from SD Card, root integrity checker, etc'

I already followed step by step, but still cant root my phone. When i tried to choose 'install updates from SD card and choose the SuperUser zip i downloaded from the forum' the notification said installation aborted.

Please help me anyone. I need to root my phone to recover some data lost on my internal phone. Any help will really appreciated.

thanks!

That's stock recovery
What's your phone's Build Number?

* Listen to H-Tech Radio
(05-03-2017, 03:34 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 08:55 AM)kaebsong Wrote: Hi all,

thanks!

That's stock recovery
What's your phone's Build Number?

my build number is X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20170118
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017, 07:33 PM by hovatek. )
(05-04-2017, 08:51 AM)kaebsong Wrote: my build number is X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20170118

The problem is from your Build Number. Its higher than that the TWRP was ported from.
Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html
Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file

* Listen to H-Tech Radio
(05-04-2017, 07:31 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 08:51 AM)kaebsong Wrote: my build number is X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20170118

The problem is from your Build Number. Its higher than that the TWRP was ported from.
Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html
Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file

Excuse me, but what do you mean with "Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file" Smile
do you mean after i dump the firmware, then i need to start the process of flashing TWRP just like the very first instruction about rooting infinix hot 2 in this page?
(05-05-2017, 03:37 AM)kaebsong Wrote: Excuse me, but what do you mean with "Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file" Smile
do you mean after i dump the firmware, then i need to start the process of flashing TWRP just like the very first instruction about rooting infinix hot 2 in this page?

No.
What I means is after you dump the fimware, upload the recovery.bin and scatter file somewhere online and give me the download link. I want to port a custom recovery for your Build

* Listen to H-Tech Radio
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 11:14 AM by kaebsong. )
(05-05-2017, 10:05 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 03:37 AM)kaebsong Wrote: Excuse me, but what do you mean with "Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file" Smile

No.
What I means is after you dump the fimware, upload the recovery.bin and scatter file somewhere online and give me the download link. I want to port a custom recovery for your Build

Hi, i tried to run the Miracle Box but it has malware that my antivirus delete it immediately before i able to open it. Any other option for miracle box? I downloaded the Miracle Box v2.27a + Loader.exe since i dont have Hardware Box or Dongle. Any suggestion? Smile

Many thanks in advance!