09-30-2016, 12:21 PM
The Innjoo Max 2 Plus is a 152.5 x 76.7 x 8.9 mm Android phone running on OS 5.1 (Lollipop), a Mediatek MT6580 chipset, 1GB RAM, a Quad-core 1.3 GHz CPU and a Li-Ion 4,600 mAh battery. Our favorite One-Click root apps still do not support this new generation of Mediatek devices so Team Hovatek has been porting TWRP and CWM recovery to make rooting of such devices possible. This brief guide will show you how to easily root your Innjoo Max 2 Plus.
How do I root the Innjoo Max 2 Plus?
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
- Download SuperSU.zip at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...t=download
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
- Download TWRP for Innjoo Max 2 Plus 3G ported by Team Hovatek at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...t=download
- Switch off the phone (still with battery inside)
- Flash the TWRP recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
- Boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button
- In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow TWRP modify the system partition then go ahead and swipe. To swipe, place your finger on the green circle then slide it to the right
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...heck&hl=en