Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Camon C9 not booting after rooting attempt
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Camon C9 not booting after rooting attempt

Camon C9 not booting after rooting attempt

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
debielink
debielink
debielink
08-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Good day hovatek. I'm sorry I've been silent for a while. I have been very busy with work. I was just able to revive the phone yesterday. Though, the firmware provided on your site is not the appropriate one for me, ticking format while flashing the right firmware helped. Thank you so so much for all your help. I have another question though. The phone is rooted and I've installed twrp. I want to update the phone's firmware. Do I need to restore stock recovery and unroot before upgrading? Or all I need to do is unroot? Thanks much.

Sent from my TECNO-C9 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-10-2016, 10:04 AM
(08-10-2016, 12:26 PM)debielink Good day hovatek. I'm sorry I've been silent for a while. I have been very busy with work. I was just able to revive the phone yesterday. Though, the firmware provided on your site is not the appropriate one for me, ticking format while flashing the right firmware helped. Thank you so so much for all your help. I have another question though. The phone is rooted and I've installed twrp. I want to update the phone's firmware. Do I need to restore stock recovery and unroot before upgrading? Or all I need to do is unroot? Thanks much.

Our rooting technique uses systemless root so a factory reset should remove root and custom recovery. cross check these before you attempt upgrading
This post was last modified: 09-10-2016, 10:06 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
debielink
debielink
debielink
09-10-2016, 03:54 PM
(09-10-2016, 10:04 AM)hovatek
(08-10-2016, 12:26 PM)debielink Good day hovatek. I'm sorry I've been silent for a while. I have been very busy with work. I was just able to revive the phone yesterday. Though, the firmware provided on your site is not the appropriate one for me, ticking format while flashing the right firmware helped. Thank you so so much for all your help. I have another question though. The phone is rooted and I've installed twrp. I want to update the phone's firmware. Do I need to restore stock recovery and unroot before upgrading? Or all I need to do is unroot? Thanks much.

Our rooting technique uses systemless root so a factory reset should remove root and custom recovery. cross check these before you attempt upgrading

I wasn't thinking along the lines of a factory reset. All my files have been restored to the new phone. I was hoping I could just do a full unroot through superuser, and then flash the stock recovery through miracle box. Then after the upgrade, I flash twrp recovery and root again. It will be grossly inconvenient to factory reset every time there's an upgrade. Kindly advise. Thanks.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-10-2016, 09:54 AM
(09-10-2016, 03:54 PM)debielink I wasn't thinking along the lines of a factory reset. All my files have been restored to the new phone. I was hoping I could just do a full unroot through superuser, and then flash the stock recovery through miracle box. Then after the upgrade, I flash twrp recovery and root again. It will be grossly inconvenient to factory reset every time there's an upgrade. Kindly advise. Thanks.

An unroot in SuperSU might not be enough.
Ensure to properly backup important stuff before you attempt this

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
debielink
debielink
debielink
11-10-2016, 04:32 AM

(10-10-2016, 09:54 AM)hovatek
(09-10-2016, 03:54 PM)debielink I wasn't thinking along the lines of a factory reset. All my files have been restored to the new phone. I was hoping I could just do a full unroot through superuser, and then flash the stock recovery through miracle box. Then after the upgrade, I flash twrp recovery and root again. It will be grossly inconvenient to factory reset every time there's an upgrade. Kindly advise. Thanks.

An unroot in SuperSU might not be enough.
Ensure to properly backup important stuff before you attempt this

Ok. Thank you. Is there a way to change imei of camon C9?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-10-2016, 10:46 AM
(11-10-2016, 04:32 AM)debielink Ok. Thank you. Is there a way to change imei of camon C9?

Create a new thread to avoid a mixup
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
phemi02
phemi02
phemi02
13-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Admin pls help my situation, i wrongly flash my tecno c9 plus 32+3 with wrong file of Tecno c9 16+1 with miracle. Now the phone did not flash again it show error even after doing backup from another phone yet not loading
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-08-2017, 09:54 AM
(13-08-2017, 11:15 PM)phemi02 Admin pls help my situation, i wrongly flash my tecno c9 plus 32+3 with wrong file of Tecno c9 16+1 with miracle. Now the phone did not flash again it show error even after doing backup from another phone yet not loading

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
14-08-2017, 10:38 AM
(13-08-2017, 11:15 PM)phemi02 Admin pls help my situation, i wrongly flash my tecno c9 plus 32+3 with wrong file of Tecno c9 16+1 with miracle. Now the phone did not flash again it show error even after doing backup from another phone yet not loading

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread. 
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create.
This post was last modified: 14-08-2017, 10:39 AM by xerxes.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3