09-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Team Hovatek has been working on Project Muse which is aimed at bringing custom recoveries to as many Itel phones as possible. We had already ported Clockworkmod recovery to some Itel phones then decided to extend the scope of this project to cover other Spreadtrum Android phones since there were quite a number of requests. The Innjoo Halo happens to be a Spreadtrum based Android phone running on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) and since we’ve received numerous requests for a custom recovery for this phone, we decided to port TWRP V126.96.36.199 for Innjoo Halo users. This brief guide will explain how to root Innjoo Halo and flash TWRP to it.
How to root the Innjoo Halo
- Ensure you have an internet connection on the Innjoo Halo
- Download Kingroot at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...p/download
- Install and launch it on the phone
- You should see “Root access is unavailable”, tap Start Root
- Wait till the counter gets to 100% and you see a green tick confirming that rooting was successful
- Download, install and run Root checker at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...heck&hl=en to confirm that the phone has been rooted
- Download TWRP V188.8.131.52 for Innjoo Halo ported by Team Hovatek at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...t=download
- Unzip the file and copy recovery.img to any location on the phone’s SD card
- Download and install Rashr at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...ools&hl=en to the phone
- Launch Rashr and tap Grant to give it Super user privileges
- In Rashr, tap Recovery from Storage
- Navigate to the location of the recovery.img and select it
- A warning prompt should appear, tap Yes to proceed
- Wait while flashing commences
- Another prompt saying “Partition flashed” should appear and ask you if you wish to boot into recovery, tap Yes
- The phone should now boot into recovery mode
Q: How do I boot into recovery mode using button combos on an Innjoo Halo?
Switch off the phone
Press the Power button and don’t release
Press the Volume up / increase button and keep holding both buttons
You should now see the Innjoo boot animation; keep holding both buttons
Don’t release till you enter recovery mode after which you can release both buttons simultaneously
Q: How do I flash back the stock recovery.img?
Download the pac file at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-1242.html and flash only recovery using Research Download tool at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-1231.html. You could also unpack the pac file using the guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-6236.html and flash it using Rashr as instructed above.