Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Gionee Elife S Plus running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] How to root the Gionee Elife S Plus running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

[Development] How to root the Gionee Elife S Plus running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-03-2017, 11:47 PM

(02-03-2017, 04:45 PM)iSafeerBinVahid twrp not working Sad

Could you explain in detail

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
iSafeerBinVahid
iSafeerBinVahid
iSafeerBinVahid
Enthusiastic Member
23-03-2017, 02:54 PM
your give twrp image not working on MM rom ... flashed but it showing black splash screen
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-03-2017, 10:02 PM
(23-03-2017, 02:54 PM)iSafeerBinVahid your give twrp image not working on MM rom ... flashed but it showing black splash screen

Yours must be a different build. What's your phone's Build Number?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
DragonSky
DragonSky
DragonSky
Enthusiastic Member
26-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Hi, so I tried booting the TWRP image you supplied, but my phone shows a black screen and freezes. It's a Allview V2 Viper X (a rebranded Gionee Elife S Plus, unless Allview modified some hardware, but since they are lazy Romanians like me, chances are they did not), upgraded to Marshmallow. Under Build number in Settings it says "HW: V2 Viper X Mainboard P2, SW: V2 Viper X 0202_V8239", so maybe they did something to it that Gionee didn't? I don't want to try the SP Flash Tool method since I have had bad experiences with it.
This post was last modified: 26-03-2017, 04:09 PM by DragonSky.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-03-2017, 06:43 PM

(26-03-2017, 03:50 PM)DragonSky Hi, so I tried booting the TWRP image you supplied, but my phone shows a black screen and freezes. It's a Allview V2 Viper X (a rebranded Gionee Elife S Plus, unless Allview modified some hardware, but since they are lazy Romanians like me, chances are they did not), upgraded to Marshmallow. Under Build number in Settings it says "HW: V2 Viper X Mainboard P2, SW: V2 Viper X 0202_V8239", so maybe they did something to it that Gionee didn't? I don't want to try the SP Flash Tool method since I have had bad experiences with it.

Dump your phone's firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
upload the recovery.bin and scatter file

Note!
Sujan
Sujan
Sujan
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2017, 11:00 PM
The recovery.img is not changing. Tried both method
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-05-2017, 12:42 PM
(30-04-2017, 11:00 PM)Sujan The recovery.img is not changing. Tried both method

Please, create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
huepigment
huepigment
huepigment
11-06-2017, 08:49 AM
(30-09-2016, 02:55 PM)hovatek Renato Vieira says:
August 23, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Hi there.

I was the person who tested the rooting attempts with team Hovatek, on the Gionee S Plus. I can confirm that rooting guide is effective and works 100%.

That screenshot was delivered by me, using the Hovatek Guide.

Just follow the guide, step-by-step, it will work perfectly.
Hovatek says:
August 23, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Thanks for testing.
And dont forget to share with your friends using the social share buttons
callydon says:
August 25, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Hi, plz can u help me out cos I am at the 4th step. Don’t know where to see those folders I am meant to copy the extracted recovery.img files to.
Hovatek says:
August 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Now I see where you’re confused.
I’ve updated the article. Now, follow step by step and patiently
Let me know if you still have any question
Min CKT says:
August 25, 2016 at 1:14 am
Thanks. It’s really working
Hovatek says:
August 25, 2016 at 1:21 am
Good to know.
Don’t forget to share using the Social share buttons
callydon says:
August 25, 2016 at 8:41 am
Hi, plz I am confused on what exactly is meant here:
“Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe”

Can someone tell me what i am to do exactly, cos I av extracted d recovery.img but can’t see d folder to paste it to.
Thanks
Hovatek says:
August 25, 2016 at 9:23 am
Have you setup adb fastboot as the guide instructs?
callydon says:
August 25, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Hi, please I am trying to follow d instructions sequentially, and d instruction to “Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe” comes before the instruction to “Unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee Elife S Plus using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14665.html” and d instruction “Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)”.
plz what shud i do next, as I am still confused on what to do.
Thanks for d assistance so far.
Hovatek says:
August 27, 2016 at 1:00 am
i’ve modified the code. follow the guide now
callydon says:
August 25, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Hi, please I am trying to follow d instructions sequentially, and d instruction to “Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe” comes before the instruction to “Unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee Elife S Plus using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14665.html” and d instruction “Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)”.
plz what shud i do next, as I am still confused on what to do.
Thanks for d assistance so far.
Renato Vieira says:
August 27, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Keeping IMEI’s Guide:

– Users should write IMEIs while in 5.1, using MTK engineering mode process.
– Follow all OTA updates individually and do not factory reset by recovery.
– Once in 6.0, doing the root process, use Twrp to first do a backup from nvram, secro, data and system. Proceed to root.
Once root is done, check for IMEIs. If its not saved, boot to Twrp and restore.

This mode writes nvram successfully and definitively.
You can factory reset or wipe without losing IMEIs.
Hovatek says:
August 27, 2016 at 4:46 pm
Awesome! Thanks for sharing
Mrily3s says:
August 30, 2016 at 12:05 pm
helo hovatek i have gionee s plus with only 2Gb of ram not 3 Gb

gionne seled it to a company then the company seled it to me

Now the problem is the twrp dont work for me

i tried following guide using adb ; not work

and i tried again flash the twrp using sp flash tool ; not work again

Plz Help Me

before updating to android 6.0

i was in 5.0 rooted by using your ported twrp Thanx <3 But Now your ported twrp for android 6.0 Dont Work For Me :/ Plz Help

My device name is Plume P8 PGN605
Hovatek says:
August 30, 2016 at 12:07 pm
Hope you used the fastboot method above. If you did, what error did you get?
Mrily3s says:
August 30, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Thanx A Lot Hovatek

i Tried For The Second Time And it Work Now Thanx ?

This is a ScreenShot From My Device With RootCheker ?

http://goo.gl/EHPG9E

Thanx Again And Bye <3
Hovatek says:
August 30, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Awesome!
Don’t forget to share this guide with your friends using the social share buttons
dumyro says:
August 31, 2016 at 2:22 pm
Hi! It is not working for me ?
I have a Allview V2 Viper X+ . http://allviewmobile.com/index.php/produ...-blue.html
It is a clone of Gionee Elife-s-plus from Romania. I used your root guide with Android 5.1 and it worked perfectly . Allview realased an update to Android 6 . I followed all the steps in your tutorial , unloked the bootloader, but when I enter the command” fastboot boot recovery.img ” the phone screed says it received the file and in the CMD ADB window I get the following
” C:adb>fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading ‘boot.img’…
OKAY [ 1.180s]
booting…
FAILED (remote: invalid kernel address: not lie in memory)
finished. total time: 1.202s ”

Can you help me with this problem please?
Hovatek says:
August 31, 2016 at 2:27 pm
Do you have the stock recovery image for your phone?
dumyro says:
August 31, 2016 at 2:39 pm
I have the Android 5.1 version. The update to Android 6 was OTA. Can I extract the Android 6 stock recovery without the phone being routed? If you need it and it can be done tell my how pls and I can give you the stock recovery for Android 6.

Here is the link for stock recovery for Android 5.1 http://s.go.ro/m4qs5pkg
Hovatek says:
August 31, 2016 at 6:39 pm
Use Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
dumyro says:
September 3, 2016 at 7:48 pm
I tried on 2 PC`s with windows 10 32 Bit,64 Bit versions and a fresh installation of windows 32bit on one machine.I can not get a connection to the phone with Miracle Box or MTK Droid Tools.

I have the whole OTA file from Allview , maybe you can find the recovery file there. I used System_Extractor_4.0 to extract the files from “system.new.dat” in the OTA zip file and i did not find any recovery file there. It is a 1.3 GB and if you have a fast internet and a unlimited bandwith i will provide you a link with the OTA file for you to download if it helps you

Allview OTA file link http://s.go.ro/apyly6n6

The only program that i can use is SP_Flash_Tool. The program has a ReadBack option i can use that to extract the original recovery but i need some information,if you can help me ? . I have the readback start adress that i must imput and that is 0x0000000002d80000 (corect me if i am wrong ). I do not know the LENGTH that i must imput. To help you,if 1.3 GB is too much for you to download ? , i have made a ZIP file with everything with the name recovery in the OTA. Maybe you will see where and how the stock recovery is written and you tell me what to imput in SP_Flash_Tool in the readback start adress section at “LENGTH” so i can use that to extract the stock recovery file

Everything with the name recovery in the OTA link
http://s.go.ro/9w347u7h

Tnx in advance for your help
Hovatek says:
September 4, 2016 at 8:38 am
Try this instead
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Avinash says:
September 3, 2016 at 4:39 pm
c:adb>fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading ‘boot.img’…
booting…
FAILED
finished. total time: 1.216s

Please hovtek team help me for this ERROR…Please….
?
Hovatek says:
September 3, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Have you unlocked the bootloader?
Avinash says:
September 3, 2016 at 4:50 pm
yes
Hovatek says:
September 3, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Did you copy the recovery.img into the adb folder?
Avinash says:
September 3, 2016 at 5:06 pm
yes
Hovatek says:
September 3, 2016 at 6:35 pm
ok
Avinash says:
September 3, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Hi! It is not working for my Gionee S plus (INDIA)

I followed all the steps in your tutorial , unloked the bootloader, but when I enter the command” fastboot boot recovery.img ” the phone screed says it received the file and in the CMD ADB window I get the following
” C:adb>fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading ‘boot.img’…
OKAY [ 1.180s]
booting…
FAILED (remote: invalid kernel address: not lie in memory)
finished. total time: 1.202s ”

Can you help me with this problem please? ?
Hovatek says:
September 3, 2016 at 4:57 pm
What Android version is your phone running on?
Avinash says:
September 3, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Model Number
Gionee S-Plus

Android Version

Kernel version

Build Number
[SW VERSION]
S_Plus_0204_V8227
[HW VERSION]
S_plus_Mainboard_P2

Please any requirementt for my side
Hovatek says:
September 3, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Do you have the firmware?
Avinash Sharma says:
September 4, 2016 at 1:46 am
I don’t have….
Hovatek says:
September 4, 2016 at 8:35 am
Do you atleast have the Lollipop firmware?
Avinash Sharma says:
September 4, 2016 at 11:53 am
I don’t have, please suggest me from where shall I get it….
Avinash Sharma says:
September 5, 2016 at 6:47 am
Please help hovatek team
dumyro says:
September 4, 2016 at 6:40 pm
I used ADB fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command and i still get the stock recovery. But now i get no error in ADB after i use the command Smile)

C:adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending ‘recovery’ (14856 KB)…
OKAY [ 1.196s]
writing ‘recovery’…
OKAY [ 0.345s]
finished. total time: 1.545s
C:adb>adb reboot recovery
error: device not found
C:adb>adb devices
List of devices attached

C:adb>fastboot reboot
rebooting…
finished. total time: 0.003s
C:adb>adb reboot recovery

I see that Avinash Sharma has the same error as me and you asked him for Android 5.1 firmware. The phones are identical(i installed the Gionee rom on my phone for a few days ? ) and if it helps i will provide you with the stock rom Andoid 5.1 of Viper X+ . The link is http://s.go.ro/q1ebktgn

Ps. Can you help me with a SP_Flash_Tool answer from my other post? Maybe i can get the stock recovery from android 6 that way.

Tnx in advance for your help! ?
Hovatek says:
September 6, 2016 at 4:17 pm
After fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Don’t reboot the phone. While still in fastboot, hold Volume up + Power and wait till the phone reboots. Once it does, select recovery from the list
dumyro says:
September 6, 2016 at 10:12 pm
I just tried it for about 5 times but it still not working.I hold Volume Up+power until the Allview logo disappeared,i let go of the buttons and the recovery should appear. Instead of a recovery I get a black screen for about 5 seconds, then a small line in the middle of the screen and immediately after that the phone restarts. If I press again Volume up+Power I get the same black screen. If I let android to boot to “desktop” and use VolumeUp+power then it enters stock recovery ?
Hovatek says:
September 7, 2016 at 8:32 am
You don’t let go till you see the boot animation appears
dumyro says:
September 7, 2016 at 8:48 am
After fastboot flash recovery recovery.img I hold down volume Up+power until the phone restarts and I keep holding the buttons when i see the boot animation. I am letting go of the buttons the second the boot animation disappears. And I get that black screen.
dumyro says:
September 6, 2016 at 10:11 pm
I just tried it for about 5 times but it still not working.I hold Volume Up+power until the Allview logo disappeared,i let go of the buttons and the recovery should appear. Instead of a recovery I get a black screen for about 5 seconds, then a small line in the middle of the screen and immediately after that the phone restarts. If I press again Volume up+Power I get the same black screen. If I let android to boot to “desktop” and use VolumeUp+power then it enters stock recovery ?
sHERMAN says:
September 8, 2016 at 12:24 pm
i need android 6.0 firmware for Gionee Splus my phone lost the imei and i need to reflash with sp flash tool please help me
Hovatek says:
September 8, 2016 at 1:25 pm
you’ll have to use the Lollipop firmware.
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14881.html
Avinash Sharma says:
September 8, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Hello Friends,

My dear dumyro & sHERMAN this is for u GIFT

https://atozhacks.blogspot.in/2016/08/gi...touch.html

Go to this blog use philz recovery
dumyro says:
September 9, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Tnx a lot Avinash Sharma it is working ?
Ps. The bootloader doe NOT have to be unloked with Philz recovery
dumyro says:
September 9, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Hovatek, you asked me a few days ago for a Allview v2_viper_x_plus stock recovery for Android 6. Maybe it will help you to solve the problem with TWRP not working on Allview phones and some Gionne phones. I will try the TWRP recovery for you.
The link for Viper X + stock recovery for Android 6
http://s.go.ro/rhwvgegb
Tnx in advance ?
Djalel says:
September 11, 2016 at 11:26 pm
I just want to thanks you for your hard work; the tutorial work perfect. but i have a problem:
i flash the twrp recovery.img but i can’t go to it (i flash it with many tools and i have the same problem)
P.S: when i hlod the power and volume up after the manufacturer logo the screen flickering like an old television shuttingdown and then reboot !!!
Hovatek says:
September 13, 2016 at 9:39 am
you’re supposed to flash it using fastboot.
Have you tried using philz recovery @ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Goyt...y00YUFBMzA
Djalel says:
September 14, 2016 at 5:41 pm
hello again
The philz recovery work great but I still prefer Twrp recovery . is there any fix or workaround. Thanks
ANUJ MEHROTRA says:
September 16, 2016 at 7:10 am
when i try to load twrp then it shows invalid kernal adress not lie in memory
Hovatek says:
September 17, 2016 at 12:58 pm
have you tried using Philz recovery?

where to find the folder FASTBOOT.EXE and ADB.EXE am having hard time where to find and how to copy the twrp recovery image.... pls help help me
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2017, 10:27 AM
(11-06-2017, 08:49 AM)huepigment where to find the folder FASTBOOT.EXE and ADB.EXE am having hard time where to find and how to copy the twrp recovery image.... pls help help me

if you successfully completed step 3 in the guide,
then you can locate the two files in C:\adb
thats where you should copy the recovery image into

NOTE: C in my statement is the drive where windows is installed on your PC
cl_007
cl_007
cl_007
03-01-2018, 11:16 AM

Hi,
I have a Gionee S Plus upgraded to Android 6.0.

In Factory setting > about section, it is showing MT 6735, WBL 7511 GI_0204_T8494.
I tried installing AOSP rom (7.1) for 7511 after flashing phillz recovery. but it ended with error showing that device is Gionee GBL 7319 instead of WBL 7511.
i already made a full wipe so cant go in system, except for recovery. can you tell link to stock firmware or any 7.1 rom which i can flash using the phillz recovery.
i already downloaded the Phillz recovery, scatter file for MT 6753 (as available online on forums), AOSP extended rom Android 7.1.

also i flashed the recovery using spflash tool as mentioned above.

please provide a solution.
This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 11:18 AM by cl_007.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next