Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Wiko U Feel and Wiko U Feel Lite
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Wiko U Feel and Wiko U Feel Lite

[Development] How to root the Wiko U Feel and Wiko U Feel Lite

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
mauropicotto
mauropicotto
mauropicotto
12-02-2017, 08:49 AM

(11-02-2017, 10:13 PM)hovatek
(11-02-2017, 04:50 PM)mauropicotto 1. No ! My phone has not been bricked before flash the TWRP
2. I flashed the first time on the new phone and the original clean ROM with your files. A second time after restoring the phone with the Wiko restoration software

I don't understand No. 2
I need to know if you've been able to flash back a working stock recovery.img so I can use it to port TWRP for your Build
Ok ! sorry for my english.
No ! flash recovery alone does not work for me. I am obliged to use the software wiko or Sp flash tool by flashing the recovery and partition system so that the phone can restart.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2017, 04:57 PM
(12-02-2017, 08:49 AM)mauropicotto Ok ! sorry for my english.
No ! flash recovery alone does not work for me. I am obliged to use the software wiko or Sp flash tool by flashing the recovery and partition system so that the phone can restart.

This means we'll have to treat your case differently.
Please, create a new threa so we focus on your present phone issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tortellidroga
Tortellidroga
Tortellidroga
24-04-2017, 09:27 AM
There are someone that rooted with success following this guide? I've read only of People in trouble with this procedure! Is the Twrp from hovatec "clean"? Why is not on official twrp page? Thanks

(30-09-2016, 03:02 PM)hovatek [Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-Wiko-U-Feel-and-Wiko...l-Lite.png]

The Wiko U Feel and Wiko U Feel Lite are Mediatek MT6735 chipset (SoC) powered Android phones which ship with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). This guide will teach you how to easily root either of these Wiko devices.

How do I root a Wiko U Feel or Wiko U Feel Lite Android phone?
Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Once recovery is flashed in fastboot, hold the Volume up + Power button and don’t release till the phone reboots. When it does, select Recovery from the list
  • In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
  • If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
  • In TWRP recovery, tap Install
  • Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
  • Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
  • Reboot the phone normally
  • Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...heck&hl=en
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-04-2017, 11:48 AM
(24-04-2017, 09:27 AM)Tortellidroga There are someone that rooted with success following this guide? I've read only of People in trouble with this procedure! Is the Twrp from hovatec "clean"? Why is not on official twrp page? Thanks

TWRP team doesn't support all devices. For unsupported devices, that's where people like us come in..to port .
if you're having any problem with the guide then please, create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
This post was last modified: 24-04-2017, 11:50 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Coertmans
Coertmans
Coertmans
11-02-2018, 09:08 PM

For those who have problems installing TWRP and Rooting Will Ufeel,
I think I know why this method isn't working for some.

There are 2 types of Wiko Ufeel (NOT Lite)
Both are Wiko Ufeel and have the same specs but something is different with the hardware and also the Firmware Rom of both ufeel's are called different ..
Also on the outside on the back the have a cosmetic difference, one has a round speaker hope and the other one looks like a wide opening...

The Ufeel With the round speaker hole on the back can be rooted and TWRP can be installed using the Method but Havok...

Greetz Coertmans
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2018, 09:55 AM
(11-02-2018, 09:08 PM)Coertmans For those who have problems installing TWRP and Rooting Will Ufeel,
I think I know why this method isn't working for some.

There are 2 types of Wiko Ufeel (NOT Lite)
Both are Wiko Ufeel and have the same specs but something is different with the hardware and also the Firmware Rom of both ufeel's are called different ..
Also on the outside on the back the have a cosmetic difference, one has a round speaker hope and the other one looks like a wide opening...

The Ufeel With the round speaker hole on the back can be rooted and TWRP can be installed using the Method but Havok...

Greetz Coertmans

Thanks for sharing this.
Others can also use the Magisk method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html or port TWRP using our tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html

Note!
04-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Hello,

I just tried your guide for my ufeel lite but after installing the supersu file my wiko don't boot, it is stock on a bootloop of the first image.
It may be a problem with the supersu file i don't know.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
04-05-2018, 02:37 PM
(04-05-2018, 11:57 AM)mister motion (bambin401) Hello,

I just tried your guide for my ufeel lite but after installing the supersu file my wiko don't boot, it is stock on a bootloop of the first image.
It may be a problem with the supersu file i don't know.

Please create a new thread so we focus on it.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to post thread
13-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Hi everybody, I got a problem with installing TWRP.
I follow the guide until TWRP installing and first boot in recovery works well but I want to root via Magisk and, if I reboot normally and then in recovery mode, I found the original recovery and not TWRP anymore. It's like TWRP is not permanently installed but only in read and after reboot disappear.
This post was last modified: 13-05-2018, 01:28 PM by Daniele Turiano.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-05-2018, 10:57 AM

(13-05-2018, 10:41 AM)Daniele Turiano Hi everybody, I got a problem with installing TWRP.
I follow the guide until TWRP installing and first boot in recovery works well but I want to root via Magisk and, if I reboot normally and then in recovery mode, I found the original recovery and not TWRP anymore. It's like TWRP is not permanently installed but only in read and after reboot disappear.

It's normal for stock recovery to replace custom recovery on reboot. Its due to a particular file in the system partition.
You need to reflash the TWRP and root before rebooting

Note!
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next