The Infinix Hot 4 (X557) is powered by the MT6580 System on Chip (SoC) and ships with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. In this guide, I’ll be teaching you how to root the Infinix Hot 4 (X557).
How do I root an Infinix Hot 4 (X557) ?
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
- Download SuperSU 2.76.zip at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...t=download
- Copy the SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
- Download TWRP for Infinix Hot 4 at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...nix_hot_4/ (Credits to Jemmini for this recovery)
- Switch off the phone (still with battery inside)
- Flash the TWRP recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
- Boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button (see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html )
- In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
- If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU 2.76.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...heck&hl=en