Team Hovatek has released this Keslar custom ROM for its Tecno M3 users. More custom ROMs (Keslar infinito series) running from Android 4.2 to 4.4 will soon be released for other Tecno phone models. Please drop your review as a comment.
1. Ensure to make a Clockworkmod / Nandroid backup before flashing any ROM! (see how to backup an Android phone's ROM @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=168 )
2. This ROM is compatible with only Tecno M3 / S3 phones running on Old OS (See pictures @ //forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html to confirm )
* Android 4.2.9.
* Customized UI, icons and Sounds.
* Reverse engineered to work on Tecno M3 (and maybe Tecno S3 if you flash the original S3 boot.img after flashing the ROM).
* Optimized for better WI-FI / wireless connection.
* Optimized for faster browsing on mobile networks.
* Optimized for faster boot, response and isolates lagging apps.
* Optimized for lower rate of power consumption (longer battery life).
* Optimized VM Heap size (balances apps RAM requirement with smooth hardware functioning).
* Hardware acceleration (reduces CPU time of CPU consuming tasks).
* Improved voice call quality.
* Optimized Internel and External storage I/O (increased read / write speeds and faster mouting / unmounting).
* Deodexed and Zipaligned apps to enable smooth tweaking.
* Improved picture and video recording quality .
* Improved picture and video rendering on screen.
You DO NOT need to wipe data / factory reset before flashing this ROM. Doing a data wipe / factory reset in Clockworkmod sometimes results in Null IMEI for some people (see: How to fix unknown Basebrand version, null / invalid IMEI & SIM card not detected @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=116 ) . you can just clear cache.
Download the Keslar Custom ROM for Tecno M3 by Hovatek @ either of the links below
( Warning: This ROM is meant only for the Old Tecno M3 OS; see if yours is old or new using the pictures at //forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html )
How to Flash
1. Root your Tecno Device (Follow this guide on how to root a Tecno phone @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=1 )
2. Flash Clockworkmod to your phone and make a backup (Follow this guide on How to flash Clockworkmod to a Tecno phone @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=75)
3. Copy the Keslar ROM to your memory card and boot your phone into recovery mode (switch off the phone then press Volume increase button + power button and keep holding both down )
4. Select Flash zip from SD card
5. Select the Keslar ROM then click Yes to confirm.
# Bug fixes:
If you keep seeing Android is upgrading even after installing the Custom ROM then :
* Install a Root Explorer like Root explorer, ES file manager or ROM toolbox lite
* Go to System > apps
* Delete Makah Madinah Live Wallpapers.apk
* Restart the phone