Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android WHAT HAPPENS IF A CUSTOM ROM IS INSTALLED ON AN UNSUPPORTED ANDROID PHONE???
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

WHAT HAPPENS IF A CUSTOM ROM IS INSTALLED ON AN UNSUPPORTED ANDROID PHONE???

WHAT HAPPENS IF A CUSTOM ROM IS INSTALLED ON AN UNSUPPORTED ANDROID PHONE???

Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
04-10-2016, 03:02 PM

Hello hovatek ...What happens if a custom ROM is installed on an unsupported android phone?? Secondly if something goes wrong while installing it on the unsupported android phone, can restoring from a previous backup bring the phone back to normal? Or will the recovery mode also be affected?? I want to install a custom ROM for my itel it1506 which is purely and totally unsupported I am sick and tired of the phone. Please help.

Sent from my itel it1506 using Tapatalk
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-10-2016, 08:00 PM
(04-10-2016, 03:02 PM)Tomsplendy Hello hovatek ...What happens if a custom ROM  is installed on an unsupported android phone?? Secondly if  something goes wrong while installing it on the unsupported android phone, can restoring from a previous backup bring the phone back to normal? Or will the recovery mode also be affected?? I want to install a custom ROM for my itel it1506 which is purely and totally unsupported I am sick and tired of the phone. Please help.

1. it'll brick the phone
2. you should be able to recover it with the right backup although sometimes, the recovery mode could be affected

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
04-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Oh okay thanks for the response

aitosara
aitosara
aitosara
05-10-2016, 07:26 AM
(04-10-2016, 09:48 PM)Tomsplendy Oh okay thanks for the response

It is not working...it may be problem for internal rom of the phone.
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
05-10-2016, 07:58 PM

Okay thanks