Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO F5 NO NETWORK ON AIRTEL SIM BUT CAN ACCESS INTERNET
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TECNO F5 NO NETWORK ON AIRTEL SIM BUT CAN ACCESS INTERNET

TECNO F5 NO NETWORK ON AIRTEL SIM BUT CAN ACCESS INTERNET

Kibe
Kibe
Kibe
Enthusiastic Member
06-10-2016, 02:49 PM

Hi team, i have a tecno f5 with network problem. This occurred while using my device to browse the internet, i had set my network type to auto mode(GSM/WCDMA) after experiencing slow web page load, i decided to fully switch to WCDMA mode. luckily my network access speed changed and i enjoyed my surfing. after like one hour, network signal icon started to fluctuate and indicating frequent drop. There then i decided to switch to flight mode so as to restart my network. After a minute then switch off the flight mode to check my network, it was around 12:00AM, Unfortunately the network icon wasn't displayed but what surprised me was i could still receive online access; able to access the internet on WCDMA mode but cannot make any call (its an airtime sim).
I tested my sim with another phone but it is working perfectly.
Now what might be the solution to this issue?
PLEASE ADVICE.

Sent from my TECNO F5 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-10-2016, 08:41 AM
(06-10-2016, 02:49 PM)Kibe Hi team, i have a tecno f5 with network problem. This occurred while using my device to browse the internet, i had set my network type to auto mode(GSM/WCDMA) after experiencing slow web page load, i decided to fully switch to WCDMA mode. luckily my network access speed changed and i enjoyed my surfing. after like one hour, network signal icon started to fluctuate and indicating frequent drop. There then i decided to switch to flight mode so as to restart my network. After a minute then switch off the flight mode to check my network, it was around 12:00AM, Unfortunately the network icon wasn't displayed but what surprised me was i could still receive online access; able to access the internet on WCDMA mode but cannot make any call (its an airtime sim).
I tested my sim with another phone but it is working perfectly.
Now what might be the solution to this issue?
PLEASE ADVICE.

test another airtel SIM onn your phone.
Also, did you ever change the phone's IMEI?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kibe
Kibe
Kibe
Enthusiastic Member
11-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Hi, I have tested with another airtel sim and it has the same problem. I have not changed IMEI, the IMEI digits are similar/same. could this be the origin of the issue?. thank you.

Kibe
Kibe
Kibe
Enthusiastic Member
11-10-2016, 08:40 AM
HEY, I have confirmed the issue was corrupted IMEI. i have decided to repair my IMEI on EGM and it has successfully solved the issue. m' so happy. THANK YOU for suggesting the issue of IMEI.