Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER SEEMS NOT TO WORK FOR ME
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER SEEMS NOT TO WORK FOR ME

ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER SEEMS NOT TO WORK FOR ME

Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
12-10-2016, 08:24 AM

Hey hovatek, I use an itel it506 android phone which has less than 512mb of RAM and exact 5.5gb of internal storage. Of course anyone seeing this should know how slow the phone can be when it comes to multitasking and playing of some good quality games. I did a research on google on how to increase the RAM of an android phone and got introduced to the app called RAM EXPANDER developed by ROEHSOFT (which increases the ram virtually not physically but using a part of the sdcard as RAM) but after following the tutorials, not just in a particular site but also tutorials from other sites I have no luck , the worse part of it is this, I introduced this same solution to a friend of mine that has the same problem on his tecno phone and it solved his problem making his phone 70% faster according to him. The question is why doesn't it work for my itel? Is it that it doesn't support itel phones or what? Cos I have tried it on my first itel 1501 of the same category of RAM size with this it1506 and no luck also, or is it something I am doing wrong. Please help.

Sent from my itel it1506 using Tapatalk
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-10-2016, 10:06 AM
(12-10-2016, 08:24 AM)Tomsplendy Hey hovatek, I use an itel it506 android phone which has less than 512mb of RAM and exact 5.5gb of internal storage. Of course anyone seeing this should know how slow the phone can be when it comes to multitasking and playing of some good quality games. I did a research on google on how to increase the RAM of an android phone and got introduced to the app called RAM EXPANDER developed by ROEHSOFT (which increases the ram virtually not physically but using a part of the sdcard as RAM) but after following the tutorials, not just in a particular site but also tutorials from other sites I have no luck , the worse part of it is this, I introduced this same solution to a friend of mine that has the same problem on his tecno phone and it solved his problem making his phone 70% faster according to him. The question is why doesn't it work for my itel? Is it that it doesn't support itel phones or what? Cos I have tried it on my first itel 1501 of the same category of RAM size with this it1506 and no luck also, or is it something I am doing wrong. Please help.

Maybe your kernel doesn't support such tweaks.
Do you get any error when using the app?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
13-10-2016, 12:07 AM
No no error

Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
13-10-2016, 12:17 AM
But I tried something else once. Instead of selecting sdcard for the swap partition, I selected phone storage and stored the swap file there.. Which made a serious lag on the phone of which I couldn't wait again for the long loading and I tried canceling it but I wouldn't , so I had to pull off the battery from the phone and insert again to boot up. Unfortunately when after the boot, my sdcard was damaged. It was saying sdcard empty while there were files inside. I couldn't even access cos my file explorer keeps telling me sdcard unmounted please mount. The only I revived it was by formatting it. And the friend I taught was the one that told me to put the swap file in my internal storage. Thank God it didn't affect the phone. *sorry for my long sentences* couldn't make it shorter.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2016, 10:35 AM

(13-10-2016, 12:17 AM)Tomsplendy But I tried something else once. Instead of selecting sdcard for the swap partition, I selected phone storage and stored the swap file there.. Which made a serious lag on the phone of which I couldn't wait again for the long loading and I tried canceling it but I wouldn't , so I had to pull off the battery from the phone and insert again to boot up. Unfortunately when after the boot, my sdcard was damaged. It was saying sdcard empty while there were files inside. I couldn't even access cos my file explorer keeps telling me sdcard unmounted please mount. The only I revived it was by formatting it. And the friend I taught was the one that told me to put the swap file in my internal storage. Thank God it didn't affect the phone. *sorry for my long sentences* couldn't make it shorter.

Was pretty informative actually.
We plan to resume Mod work on Itel phones soon, we'll look into this lagging issue then

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
14-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Thanks