Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)

[Development] How to root the Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2016, 12:41 AM

The Tecno Phantom 6 (A6) is powered by the MT6755 (Mediatek Helio P10) SoC and runs on Android 6 (Marshmallow). Team Hovatek had released an unboxing of the Tecno Phantom 6 and will also drop a hands-on / performance review, this guide will explain how to root your Tecno A6. 

How can I root my Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)?

There are two main steps:
  • Unlocking the Bootloader of the Tecno Phantom 6
  • Flashing the Hovatek TWRP recovery.img and SuperSU.zip

Procedure
  1. Download TWRP for Tecno Phantom 6 (A6) ported by Team Hovatek @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4S-Z72...dMWkU/view
  2. Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
  3. Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
  4. Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Phantom 6 using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15453.html
  5. Download SuperSU 2.76.zip at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_-waNKLv...t=download
  6. Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s internal storage
  7. Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don't forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
  8. When the phone enters Fastboot, load the TWRP recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter

Code:

fastboot boot recovery.img

9. The phone should automatically boot into TWRP recovery mode
  10. In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
  11. If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
  12. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
  13. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
  14. Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
  15. Reboot the phone normally
  16. Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-Tecno-Phantom-6-A6us...uperSu.jpg]
This post was last modified: 17-10-2019, 09:37 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Agbontan19
Agbontan19
Agbontan19
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Wow! Works greatly and i love this! I really saw the link or thread from blazerwap
This post was last modified: 14-10-2016, 10:52 AM by hovatek.
Nicholaz
Nicholaz
Nicholaz
Techie Member
05-11-2016, 12:15 PM
(13-10-2016, 12:41 AM)hovatek [Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-Tecno-Phantom-6-A6us...uperSu.jpg]

The Tecno Phantom 6 (A6) is powered by the MT6755 (Mediatek Helio P10) SoC and runs on Android 6 (Marshmallow). Team Hovatek had released an unboxing of the Tecno Phantom 6 and will also drop a hands-on / performance review, this guide will explain how to root your Tecno A6. 

Procedure

Code:

• The phone should automatically boot into TWRP recovery mode
  • In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
  • If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
  • In TWRP recovery, tap Install
  • Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
  • Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
  • Reboot the phone normally
  • Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker

PLEASE SIR, I JUST TRIED THIS PROCESS ON MY PHANTOM 6 \

EVERYTHING WENT AS INSTRUCTED INCLUDING UNLOOCKING THE BOOTLOADER TO BOOTING THE RECOVERY. HOWEVER, AFTER USING THE COMMAND FOR THE RECOVERY , IT DOESNT BOOT AUTOMATICVALLY AS EXPECTED . THE PHONE JUST GOES BLANK AFTER THE COMMAND IS INPUTTED . I HAVE TO RESTART THE DEVICE MANUALLY AND IT BOOTS DIRECTLY TO THE PHONE MENU

WHAT SHOULD I DO
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-11-2016, 02:16 PM
(05-11-2016, 12:15 PM)Nicholaz PLEASE SIR, I JUST TRIED THIS PROCESS ON MY PHANTOM 6 \

EVERYTHING WENT AS INSTRUCTED INCLUDING UNLOOCKING THE BOOTLOADER TO BOOTING THE RECOVERY. HOWEVER, AFTER USING THE COMMAND FOR THE RECOVERY , IT DOESNT BOOT AUTOMATICVALLY AS EXPECTED . THE PHONE JUST GOES BLANK AFTER THE COMMAND IS INPUTTED . I HAVE TO RESTART THE DEVICE MANUALLY AND IT BOOTS DIRECTLY TO THE PHONE MENU

WHAT SHOULD I DO

You're supposed to exercise patience. The phone might take up to a minute to boot into TWRP. watch the screen screen closely. It will blink the TWRP home screen then sleep. Press the power button once to wake it.
Since bootloader is already unlocked, skip the bootloader unlock part
This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 02:25 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Nicholaz
Nicholaz
Nicholaz
Techie Member
05-11-2016, 02:25 PM

(05-11-2016, 02:16 PM)hovatek You're supposed to exercise patience.  The phone might take up to a minute to boot into TWRP.
Since bootloader is already unlocked, skip the bootloader unlock part

i did sir .....more than 2mins, its just blanks sir
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-11-2016, 08:07 AM
(05-11-2016, 02:25 PM)Nicholaz i did sir .....more than 2mins, its just blanks sir

After 5 minutes of running the recovery boot command , press the power button just once to wake the phone
waiting...

Note!
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2016, 11:54 AM
(13-10-2016, 12:41 AM)hovatek [Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-Tecno-Phantom-6-A6us...uperSu.jpg]

Procedure

Code:

• The phone should automatically boot into TWRP recovery mode
  • In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
  • If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
  • In TWRP recovery, tap Install
  • Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
  • Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
  • Reboot the phone normally
  • Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker

I followed the instructions and while I am able to successfully unlock my bootloader when i attempt to install the TWRP recovery the phone shows that a USB transfer has taken place but when it reboots it does not reboot to the recovery it reboots into the normal phone OS. This is a Techno Phantom 6 plus from a Windows 10 OS. I have gone into fastboot mode severally and tried install the provided recovery.img file without success.No matter how long i wait it reboots into the full phone OS and manually going into recovery shows the stock recovery.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2016, 09:51 PM
(04-12-2016, 11:54 AM)babadubu I followed the instructions and while I am able to successfully unlock my bootloader when i attempt to install the TWRP recovery the phone shows that a USB transfer has taken place but when it reboots it does not reboot to the recovery it reboots into the normal phone OS. This is a Techno Phantom 6 plus from a Windows 10 OS. I have gone into fastboot mode severally and tried install the provided recovery.img file without success.No matter how long i wait it reboots into the full phone OS and manually going into recovery shows the stock recovery.

This rooting guide is for Phantom 6, not Phantom 6 Plus.
create a new thread if you wish to root your Phantom 6 Plus
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
05-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Thanks, I have requested some help on the android forum.
Jzto
Jzto
Jzto
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2017, 08:38 AM

Followed the guide very well but still confused at various levels.
Like flashing the recovery image. We dont know how to flash . Where do u flash with what? Then the Zip Files do we copy them the way they are to the folders , why dont u give us just the required apk to avoid confusion. Please help and sorry for bothering you to things seem ovious to us this a new frequency.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next