Hovatek Forum MOBILE Others Blackberry [Please help] BlackBerry curve 7 not allowing password
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] BlackBerry curve 7 not allowing password

[Please help] BlackBerry curve 7 not allowing password

gudlyfff
gudlyfff
gudlyfff
Techie Member
18-10-2016, 10:13 AM

Hi great guys. I have a curve 7. It fell inside water but I quickly removed battery n allow to dry two days and reinserted battery to power. It came on but I can't input my device password because the input process seems to have corrupted. E.g when I type "a" it responds enter; I type other letters it responds with double entries....
....I suspect I may need to flash in order to fix. But I m open for ur advice.
If I need to flash pls how do I go about it.
I love this forum for quick response and unfailing solution to every problem I encountered in d past. Thank u and Weldon!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-10-2016, 12:23 PM
(18-10-2016, 10:13 AM)gudlyfff Hi great guys. I have a curve 7. It fell inside water but I quickly removed battery n allow to dry two days and reinserted battery to power. It came on but I can't input my device password because the input process seems to have corrupted. E.g when I type "a" it responds enter; I type other letters it responds with double entries....
....I suspect I may need to flash in order to fix. But I m open for ur advice.
If I need to flash pls how do I go about it.
I love this forum for quick response and unfailing solution to every problem I encountered in d past. Thank u and Weldon!

You need to disassemble the phone and properly clean then dry the keyboard. Seems like you've still got sticky keys and some water in there.
I experienced the same when my curve 2 got exposed to rain
This post was last modified: 19-10-2016, 12:26 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gudlyfff
gudlyfff
gudlyfff
Techie Member
21-10-2016, 05:21 AM
Thank you for your response.
I gave some teck guys around who disassembled and cleaned it.but I still have the problem with the keypad. Pls what to do next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-10-2016, 04:24 PM
(21-10-2016, 05:21 AM)gudlyfff Thank you for your response.
I gave some teck guys around who disassembled and cleaned it.but I still have the problem with the keypad. Pls what to do next

you can try reinstalling or updating the OS using Blackberry Desktop Software (requires internet access on PC) or you download the firmware and install it using loader offline
This post was last modified: 21-10-2016, 04:26 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gudlyfff
gudlyfff
gudlyfff
Techie Member
15-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Thnk you. I will surely try that

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Hovatek mobile