Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] My Laptop Screen Split
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] My Laptop Screen Split

[Please help] My Laptop Screen Split

taylormed3
taylormed3
taylormed3
25-10-2016, 04:49 AM

My laptop screen split into three sections which are arranged unevenly making hard for me to navigate although the display is perfect when I use hdmi but i cant use hdmi always, pls I need advice.
PS it shows perfectly atimes but when i close and open the lid the problem is back.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-10-2016, 06:19 PM
(25-10-2016, 04:49 AM)taylormed3 My laptop screen split into three sections which are arranged unevenly making hard for me to navigate although the display is perfect when I use hdmi but i cant use hdmi always, pls I need advice.
PS it shows perfectly atimes but when i close and open the lid the problem is back.

seems like you've got a partially faulty screen
can you post screenshot or pic of what the display looks like?
taylormed3
taylormed3
taylormed3
02-11-2016, 04:39 PM
(25-10-2016, 06:19 PM)X3non
(25-10-2016, 04:49 AM)taylormed3 My laptop screen split into three sections which are arranged unevenly making hard for me to navigate although the display is perfect when I use hdmi but i cant use hdmi always, pls I need advice.

seems like you've got a partially faulty screen
can you post screenshot or pic of what the display looks like?
Took it for diagnosis they said it's the motherboard and it needs to be replaced, is there no other way
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-11-2016, 06:00 PM
(02-11-2016, 04:39 PM)taylormed3 Took it for diagnosis they said it's the motherboard and it needs to be replaced, is there no other way

if the split screen display is caused by the VGA attached to the motherboard as diagnosed then there really isn't no other way
you'll just have to replace it.