Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[SOLVED]MTK Phone dead after flashing failure

Thumbs Up  (This post was last modified: 10-28-2016, 09:36 AM by myiume. )

Hey there lads. I've made a terrible mistake flashing a Mediatek CPU based phone. I forgot to check the battery levels, and it ran out of it in the middle of the flashing procedure. The phone is bricked beyond any doubt, and will not boot nor charge the battery.

I have it connected to a USB power display, and for the first few seconds after the USB cord is plugged in and/or battery is removed and reinserted, it will charge briefly at 0.45A. It will then show 0.00A consumption, meaning that it will not charge, no matter how long it is kept on the charger.

The battery was charged until 3.7V on an external charger, but it still will not connect to the computer via the SPFlashTool.

Any ideas on what I could do with it? I am out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I did keep it on the charger overnight, and tested the Voltage on the battery afterwards, it didn't charge it at all, still at 3.7V, same consumption on the external charger.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Myiu

Which model is your phone?

Sent from my TECNO W4 using Hovatek mobile
OK here is a solution. if you have a correct ROM do this. UNSCREW THE PHONE.SOLDER GND ON THE BOARD TOGETHER WITH COLO POINTS.without battery inside flash it with SPFT OR NCK BOX.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 10:21 PM by hovatek. )
(10-27-2016, 11:21 AM)myiume Wrote: Hey there lads. I've made a terrible mistake flashing a Mediatek CPU based phone. I forgot to check the battery levels, and it ran out of it in the middle of the flashing procedure. The phone is bricked beyond any doubt, and will not boot nor charge the battery.

I have it connected to a USB power display, and for the first few seconds after the USB cord is plugged in and/or battery is removed and reinserted, it will charge briefly at 0.45A. It will then show 0.00A consumption, meaning that it will not charge, no matter how long it is kept on the charger.

The battery was charged until 3.7V on an external charger, but it still will not connect to the computer via the SPFlashTool.

Any ideas on what I could do with it? I am out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I did keep it on the charger overnight, and tested the Voltage on the battery afterwards, it didn't charge it at all, still at 3.7V, same consumption on the external charger.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Myiu

See https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11802.html
Appreciate all the help. I have managed to connect it after doing the tester jumper short.

Thank you kindly.

Regards,
Myiu