Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno W4 won't display normally after flash with Stock rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno W4 won't display normally after flash with Stock rom

[Please help] Tecno W4 won't display normally after flash with Stock rom

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
ToluFash
ToluFash
ToluFash
01-11-2016, 07:59 AM

Hi, Hovatek, I got a tecno w4 2 days ago, and decided to root it with Twrp, following all necessary steps, the spbflah tool would not download onto the device, si I stopped the flashing, and tried to turn on my phone, but it won't come up, I searched online for issues, and was convinced the device had been bricked, and it could be recovered with sp flash tool by flashing the phone with a custom firmware, I downloaded the firmware but sp flash tool would not download onto the device, so I tried miracle box. Miracle box worked but my device would not come on, so I went searching again and discovered another variant of the ROM, which I downloaded ad used with sp flash tool, voila the download progress came on, and the phone was flashed. I plugged the phone in to a power outlet and within 5 minutes the phone came on, however with a blank display and series of varying colours, I attempted taking a screen shot, and the sound came up, meaning the I was in the Android environment, however the screen remains blank. The phone didn't fall nor hit anything, what could be wrong with it?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-11-2016, 12:51 PM
(01-11-2016, 07:59 AM)ToluFash Hi, Hovatek, I got a tecno w4 2 days ago, and decided to root it with Twrp, following all necessary steps, the spbflah tool would not download onto the device, si I stopped the flashing, and tried to turn on my phone, but it won't come up, I searched online for issues, and was convinced the device had been bricked, and it could be recovered with sp flash tool by flashing the phone with a custom firmware, I downloaded the firmware but sp flash tool would not download onto the device, so I tried miracle box. Miracle box worked but my device would not come on, so I went searching again and discovered another variant of the ROM, which I downloaded ad used with sp flash tool, voila the download progress came on, and the phone was flashed. I plugged the phone in to a power outlet and within 5 minutes the phone came on, however with a blank display and series of varying colours, I attempted taking a screen shot, and the sound came up, meaning the I was in the Android environment, however the screen remains blank. The phone didn't fall nor hit anything, what could be wrong with it?

You need to flash lk.bin from one of the other firmware
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1667.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ToluFash
ToluFash
ToluFash
01-11-2016, 06:16 PM
(01-11-2016, 12:51 PM)hovatek
(01-11-2016, 07:59 AM)ToluFash Hi, Hovatek, I got a tecno w4 2 days ago, and decided to root it with Twrp, following all necessary steps, the spbflah tool would not download onto the device, si I stopped the flashing, and tried to turn on my phone, but it won't come up, I searched online for issues, and was convinced the device had been bricked, and it could be recovered with sp flash tool by flashing the phone with a custom firmware, I downloaded the firmware but sp flash tool would not download onto the device, so I tried miracle box. Miracle box worked but my device would not come on, so I went searching again and discovered another variant of the ROM, which I downloaded ad used with sp flash tool, voila the download progress came on, and the phone was flashed. I plugged the phone in to a power outlet and within 5 minutes the phone came on, however with a blank display and series of varying colours, I attempted taking a screen shot, and the sound came up, meaning the I was in the Android environment, however the screen remains blank. The phone didn't fall nor hit anything, what could be wrong with it?

You need to flash lk.bin from one of the other firmware
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1667.html

Problem is I don't have the Lk.bin or Preloader.bin of the real variant, so I was wondering if you could help with that, its that of the latest variant of tecno w4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2016, 09:33 AM
(01-11-2016, 06:16 PM)ToluFash Problem is I don't have the Lk.bin or Preloader.bin of the real variant, so I was wondering if you could help with that, its that of the latest variant of tecno w4

You have a Miracle Box compatible firmware. Flash only preloader and lk.bin from that firmware in Miracle Box

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ToluFash
ToluFash
ToluFash
04-11-2016, 09:06 AM

(02-11-2016, 09:33 AM)hovatek
(01-11-2016, 06:16 PM)ToluFash Problem is I don't have the Lk.bin or Preloader.bin of the real variant, so I was wondering if you could help with that, its that of the latest variant of tecno w4

You have a Miracle Box compatible firmware. Flash only preloader and lk.bin from that firmware in Miracle Box
I did already with the two variants of Lk.bin I have, still the issue persists, my phone is of build number W4-************-20160910, Kernel version is August 2015, could I get that from you please, Hovatek?
This post was last modified: 04-11-2016, 09:09 AM by ToluFash.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-11-2016, 11:19 AM
(04-11-2016, 09:06 AM)ToluFash I did already with the two variants of Lk.bin I have, still the issue persists, my phone is of build number W4-************-20160910, Kernel version is August 2015, could I get that from you please, Hovatek?

We'll work on that.
Can you get access to a working W4?

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-11-2016, 11:24 AM
(04-11-2016, 09:06 AM)ToluFash I did already with the two variants of Lk.bin I have, still the issue persists, my phone is of build number W4-************-20160910, Kernel version is August 2015, could I get that from you please, Hovatek?

Any build
This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 11:26 AM by hovatek.

Note!
ToluFash
ToluFash
ToluFash
06-11-2016, 02:45 PM
(05-11-2016, 11:19 AM)hovatek

We'll work on that.
Can you get access to a working W4?

Been trying to, all to no success
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-11-2016, 08:06 PM
(06-11-2016, 02:45 PM)ToluFash Been trying to, all to no success

We'll list any new build we find @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Note!
ToluFash
ToluFash
ToluFash
07-11-2016, 07:27 AM

(06-11-2016, 08:06 PM)hovatek
(06-11-2016, 02:45 PM)ToluFash Been trying to, all to no success

We'll list any new build we find @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Thank you, looking forward to seeing that done
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next