Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use SP Flash Tool to flash Mediatek firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use SP Flash Tool to flash Mediatek firmware

[Tutorial] How to use SP Flash Tool to flash Mediatek firmware

Pages (42): Previous 19 10 11 12 1342 Next
JayJagz
JayJagz
JayJagz
01-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Yes am also running 64bits system and I have tried v2.4.6, v2.3.0, v2.5. the problem of v2.3.0 is different on it loaded my gionee p2 but the backing up process is getting longer though I terminated the process by removing the usb when I observed that the green bar process just keep on repeating itself and since then the mtk tools doesn't load my p2 info again.

you should first check if you add running the 32bit version of win8.1

Am running 64bits of the very same win8.1 and using v2.5.3 mtkdroidtools and it works flawlessly for me
[/quote]

Yes am also running 64bits system and I have tried
v2.4.6, v2.3.0, v2.5. the problem of v2.3.0 is different
on it loaded my gionee p2 but the backing up
process is getting longer though I terminated the
process by removing the usb when I observed that
the green bar process just keep on repeating itself
and since then the mtk tools doesn't load my p2
info again.
This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 11:27 AM by JayJagz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-09-2014, 12:40 PM
(01-09-2014, 11:26 AM)JayJagz Yes am also running 64bits system and I have tried
v2.4.6, v2.3.0, v2.5. the problem of v2.3.0 is different
on it loaded my gionee p2 but the backing up
process is getting longer though I terminated the
process by removing the usb when I observed that
the green bar process just keep on repeating itself
and since then the mtk tools doesn't load my p2
info again.

What's the exact error you get when you try launching MTK Droid tools?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
JayJagz
JayJagz
JayJagz
01-09-2014, 02:45 PM
It will show app not responding and it will hang i.e. I can't close,minimize until i restart the system
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
(01-09-2014, 02:45 PM)JayJagz It will show app not responding and it will hang i.e. I can't close,minimize until i restart the system

Try them on another PC around you and lets know the outcome. This will tell us if its the software or your PC to diagnose

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
paulkk
paulkk
paulkk
Enthusiastic Member
10-09-2014, 01:20 PM

(19-03-2014, 01:51 PM)hovatek SP Flash tool is an application you could find very useful in fixing extreme cases of a bricked MTK Android (e.g Tecno, TLC, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo, Lead1 etc) like the phone not coming on at all or not booting into recovery mode etc. Lets get started:

What you'll need
* A PC
* USB Cord
* The phone you wish to flash the files to
* Scatter file ( Scatter file should already be contained in Stock MTK Backup so ignore this. See http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html for how to make an MTK Backup). If you still cant find it then Download @ :

Tecno scatter files
Gionee scatter files
Infinix scatter files
Innjoo scatter files
Opsson scatter files

* SP Flash tool (download at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9srKhK...sp=sharing )

* Install Mediatek / MTK drivers ( If you have a working phone of the same model then use this method @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-317.html . If you don't have a working phone of the same model then you'll need to manually install MTK drivers using this method @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html )

* Stock ROM backup / files you wish to flash to the phone ( If you need Stock MTK backup for your phone model then request @ :

Tecno Stock ROMs
Gionee Stock ROMs
Infinix Stock ROMs
Opsson Stock ROMs

If you have access to a working phone of the same model then create an MTK backup of the phone using the method @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html )

# Note: You can download different versions of SP Flash tool just in case one isn't working.

Procedure

Lets get started:

1. Remove the battery from the phone and slot it back in without booting the phone (If the battery is irremovable then simply switch if off)
2. Launch SP Flash Tool
2b. Click on options at the top and make sure USB Mode is enabled.
3. Click on Scatter-loading by the right
4. In the window that pops up, select the scatter file for your phone then click open (scatter file is a text file with the word "scatter" in its name )
5. A list should appear (preloader, mbr, ebr etc)
5b. If usrdata and cache are unticked and you need them, then backup a working phone of the same model using MTK droid tools version 2.3.4 with the "Backup userdata and cache" option selected.
------ Step 6 is only for if you wish to format the phone. Skip it if you don't wish to format -----
6. (optional) If you wish to wipe the phone, click format
6b. (optional) After clicking format, a dialogue box will pop up, ensure that 'Auto Format Flash' and 'Format whole flash without bootloader' are selected
6c. (optional) click OK, Stop should now be red in color while Format should be grey in color
6d. (optional) Connect your switched off phone via USB cord, a progress bar should load till you get a 'Success' message (green circle)
6e. (optional) Disconnect the phone
7. Tick the box beside Preloader (if you wish to flash it) then double-click preloader
8. In the window that pops up, select the preloader.bin file
9. Repeat this step for all the other files you wish to flash (dont tick any you dont wish to flash)
10. After selecting all the files you wish to flash, click 'Download' (with an arrow above it)
11. Stop should now be red in color, connect the switched off phone to the PC via USB
12. A progress bar should run till you get a 'Success message' (green circle)
13. Disconnect the phone, remove the battery for 15 seconds, slot it back in then power up the phone
14. If the phone doesn't come on, then flash preloader.bin also.
15. Do a data wipe if requested to after booting.

* Note:

If you get any error in SP Flash tool or the phone still didn't work after flashing then here's a list of SP Flash Tool errors, their meanings and how to resolve them

See the video tutorial below:

thanks
Mcoul15
Mcoul15
Mcoul15
17-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Hello!!!
Is there a software that I can install on my pc and full use my phone with it?
A software aple to display my phone screen on my pc via usb debutting?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 04:50 PM
(17-09-2014, 03:14 PM)Mcoul15 Hello!!!
Is there a software that I can install on my pc  and full use my phone with it?
A software aple to display  my phone screen  on my pc via usb debutting?

Yes, droidatscreen.jar  . 

Note!
Mcoul15
Mcoul15
Mcoul15
17-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Hovatek: 
Hello!!!Is there a software that I can install on my pc  and full use my phone with it?A software aple to display  my phone screen  on my pc via usb debutting?

Yes, droidatscreen.jar 

I downloaded droidatscreen-1.0.1.jar(761 KB).
But how can I use it?
This post was last modified: 17-09-2014, 06:33 PM by Mcoul15.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 09:57 PM
(17-09-2014, 06:24 PM)Mcoul15 I downloaded droidatscreen-1.0.1.jar(761 KB).
But how can I use it?

install Java (JRE) on the PC > Enable USB debugging on the phone > Connect phone to PC > Launch Droid at screen.jar

Note!
Mcoul15
Mcoul15
Mcoul15
18-09-2014, 02:38 PM

Why sp flash tool version5 doesn't work on win xp s3?
Pages (42): Previous 19 10 11 12 1342 Next