Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unable to flash Blu S410a - Brom error 8
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Unable to flash Blu S410a - Brom error 8

[Please help] Unable to flash Blu S410a - Brom error 8

bludog
bludog
bludog
24-11-2016, 12:09 AM

Hi guys new here.

My problem with Blu phone (several models) goes to the point of hating the brand so much.

Now that the phone belongs to my syster, I need to work out how to fix it.

I have the following:

Stock rom for S410a from this forum
S410a formatted empty, just the driver coming up while connecting the phone the the computer to flash it, it gets recognized by the flash tool (several version).
Several version of flash tools, the one I settle to use is SP Flash Tool v5 1628

The error come up while flashing the anything to the phone, in any mode.

BROM ERROR : ?? (0x8)

No hint or anything, on different computer the same error, different drivers, I just don´t know what to do really and I have a hammer ready for the phone and call it a day.

What am I doing wrong? do I have the wrong software? I mean, I have found like 3 versions for the same phone, yet there is one that weights around 1gb that I haven´t found anywhere.
This post was last modified: 24-11-2016, 12:11 AM by bludog. Edit Reason: missing info
Attached Files
.jpg
Capture.JPG
Size: 148.51 KB / Downloads: 18
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2016, 09:53 AM
(24-11-2016, 12:09 AM)bludog Hi guys new here.

My problem with Blu phone (several models) goes to the point of hating the brand so much.

Now that the phone belongs to my syster, I need to work out how to fix it.

I have the following:

Stock rom for S410a from this forum
S410a formatted empty, just the driver coming up while connecting the phone the the computer to flash it, it gets recognized by the flash tool (several version).
Several version of flash tools, the one I settle to use is SP Flash Tool v5 1628

The error come up while flashing the anything to the phone, in any mode.

BROM ERROR : ?? (0x8)

No hint or anything, on different computer the same error, different drivers, I just don´t know what to do really and I have a hammer ready for the phone and call it a day.

What am I doing wrong? do I have the wrong software? I mean, I have found like 3 versions for the same phone, yet there is one that weights around 1gb that I haven´t found anywhere.

This is similar to the no space error. Means the emmc chip might be damaged.
Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
Can you get access to a working phone off the same model so you try Miracle Box?
This post was last modified: 24-11-2016, 09:54 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bludog
bludog
bludog
24-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Ye, I can find another one, but before that, there is one thing I remember. The last time the phone worked, it had a weird message about being encrypted (my relative is no so smart to do that on its own) and when I tried to boot into recovery it didn´t, it just went straight to normal booting, as if partition wasn´t there. That correlates to the emmc being damaged or progressively damaged?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2016, 10:56 AM
(24-11-2016, 06:56 PM)bludog Ye, I can find another one, but before that, there is one thing I remember. The last time the phone worked, it had a weird message about being encrypted (my relative is no so smart to do that on its own) and when I tried to boot into recovery it didn´t, it just went straight to normal booting, as if partition wasn´t there. That correlates to the emmc being damaged or progressively damaged?

Yes.
Backup the working phone using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Let me know when done

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.