Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Help! Microsoft office not working
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help! Microsoft office not working

Help! Microsoft office not working

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
01-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Please my Microsoft office is not working, I've Installed it and it's showing in the list of the installed programs but can't find it anywhere to launch it even when i search and if i try to open any PowerPoint or word document, it will give error that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". Please what can i do?

Sent from my P8_Energy_mini using Hovatek mobile
Spondulix
Spondulix
Spondulix
01-12-2016, 11:27 PM
(01-12-2016, 10:03 PM)lakunle1love Please my Microsoft office is not working, I've Installed it and it's showing in the list of the installed programs but can't find it anywhere to launch it even when i search and if i try to open any PowerPoint or word document, it will give error that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". Please what can i do?

I'm willing to help you, you can follow this simple guide to be sure if you have permission to the software (Microsoft Office) and other related methods to fix. Goto MS official website...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
02-12-2016, 08:45 PM
(01-12-2016, 11:27 PM)Spondulix
(01-12-2016, 10:03 PM)lakunle1love Please my Microsoft office is not working, I've Installed it and it's showing in the list of the installed programs but can't find it anywhere to launch it even when i search and if i try to open any PowerPoint or word document, it will give error that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". Please what can i do?

I'm willing to help you, you can follow this simple guide to be sure if you have permission to the software (Microsoft Office) and other related methods to fix. Goto MS official website...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244

Thanks bros but I've tried the steps suggested in the link but to no avail. The problem is that i can't even find the application anywhere, not even the shortcuts. The only place i can locate it is in the list of the installed programs and it's not even executable there ,can only uninstall.

milan.lamichhane54
milan.lamichhane54
milan.lamichhane54
03-12-2016, 10:26 AM
try troubleshotting and reinstalling of the office.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2016, 10:41 AM

Where did you get the installer you used? Was it from a CD?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
05-12-2016, 04:44 PM
(03-12-2016, 10:41 AM)hovatek

Where did you get the installer you used? Was it from a CD?

Nope, it's not from a CD, i got it from another laptop with my flash drive.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-12-2016, 05:25 PM
(05-12-2016, 04:44 PM)lakunle1love Nope, it's not from a CD, i got it from another laptop with my flash drive.

It seems as tho you just copied an already installed program. It doesn't work that way in most cases.
you should get an MS office CD OR download the installer online
then install MS office properly
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-12-2016, 09:44 AM
(05-12-2016, 04:44 PM)lakunle1love Nope, it's not from a CD, i got it from another laptop with my flash drive.

1. Do you encounter this with other installed software
2. Locate the installation location of Microsoft office and take ownership of the folder using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15585.html
This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 09:57 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
07-12-2016, 12:53 PM
(06-12-2016, 09:44 AM)hovatek

1. Do you encounter this with other installed software
2. Locate the installation location of Microsoft office and take ownership of the folder using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15585.html

Nope, it's only with MS office.

Thanks, I'll try your suggestion.

lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
07-12-2016, 12:55 PM

(05-12-2016, 05:25 PM)X3non

It seems as tho you just copied an already installed program. It doesn't work that way in most cases.
you should get an MS office CD OR download the installer online
then install MS office properly

Thanks for your response, I'll also try it.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next