Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] tecno w4 wont power on
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] tecno w4 wont power on

[Please help] tecno w4 wont power on

ebonined
ebonined
ebonined
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2016, 11:27 AM

i tried to flash a recovery image with sp flashtool, but after clicking download and plugging the phone nothing happen for like 5min so i unplug the phone and saw this error; error 2005 S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL, ever since then the phone hasn't been able to come on, it has an inbuilt battery, i really need help on this frustrating issue.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2016, 09:55 PM
(04-12-2016, 11:27 AM)ebonined i tried to flash a recovery image with sp flashtool, but after clicking download and plugging the phone nothing happen for like 5min so i unplug the phone and saw this error; error 2005 S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL, ever since then the phone hasn't been able to come on, it has an inbuilt battery, i really need help on this frustrating issue.

You interrupted flashing.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
BTW,hope you dumped your phone's firmware before attempting to flash the recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ebonined
ebonined
ebonined
Enthusiastic Member
05-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Thanks for replying, is it possible to flash the phone with the firmware when it is in that state, till now nothing happens with sp flash tool, my PC recognises the phone and install media preloader vcom driver, but sp flash tool doesn't do any thing
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-12-2016, 02:39 PM
(05-12-2016, 06:02 AM)ebonined Thanks for replying, is it possible to flash the phone with the firmware when it is in that state, till now nothing happens with sp flash tool, my PC recognises the phone and install media preloader vcom driver, but sp flash tool doesn't do any thing

At this point, your primary objective should be dumping your firmware, not flashing.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.