Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Ticket 992181
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Ticket 992181

Ticket 992181

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-12-2016, 06:27 PM

(09-12-2016, 02:16 PM)ckmburu If I uploaded the rom, can you work on it?

Sent from my X-TIGI_S1553 using Hovatek mobile

No, we still wont

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ckmburu
ckmburu
ckmburu
10-12-2016, 07:00 AM
Now, a reply like, "no we still won't" , in my part of the world sounds curt and rather impolite. Is it possible to give reasons ? Initially you couldn't do the rom because you've no device to work with. I replied that I can upload the stock rom. So what's the matter now?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
10-12-2016, 11:58 AM
(10-12-2016, 07:00 AM)ckmburu Now, a reply like, "no we still won't" , in my part of the world sounds curt and rather impolite. Is it possible to give reasons ? Initially you couldn't do the rom because you've no device to work with. I replied that I can upload the stock rom. So what's the matter now?

i believe the admin already gave you the answer to your question.
there is a difference between having the device and having the stock rom.
a big difference to be precise.
BTW i'm pretty sure they've got their hands full without porting custom roms for everyone who requests for one.
ckmburu
ckmburu
ckmburu
10-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Who gets to have his rom ported, since everyone makes a request like I did? Do you throw dice or something? You need a refresher course in communication skills!

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2016, 12:19 PM

(10-12-2016, 07:00 AM)ckmburu Now, a reply like, "no we still won't" , in my part of the world sounds curt and rather impolite. Is it possible to give reasons ? Initially you couldn't do the rom because you've no device to work with. I replied that I can upload the stock rom. So what's the matter now?

@freshtyt has nailed it.
There's a big difference between having a ROM and having the actual device to test our work.
It'll be a logistical nightmare to port custom ROMs on request for phones we don't have.
Imagine the Gigabytes of data we would have to download and upload on a daily basis.
What happens when the first ROM we upload ends up in a bootloop and we need to fetch logs, analyze and fix / re-port? Then there' the fixing of bugs after a successful boot up.
The person at the other end needs to be an experienced developer and that would make it a collaborative effort, not us porting.
I hope you understand.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ckmburu
ckmburu
ckmburu
11-12-2016, 12:28 PM
That's what I call a reasonable reply. It's totally different from "no, we still won't". Thank you for taking the time to make me understand.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2016, 12:33 PM
(11-12-2016, 12:28 PM)ckmburu That's what I call a reasonable reply. It's totally different from "no, we still won't". Thank you for taking the time to make me understand.

How the reply @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-162...l#pid94317 is unreasonable is totally beyond me. "No, we still won't" in this context is considered a follow up reply as you had gotten the original reply (with a reason) but thought to circumvent it by volunteering to provide the firmware (which still fell short of the requirement).

Note!
ckmburu
ckmburu
ckmburu
11-12-2016, 01:06 PM
That it's "totally beyond you" is the reason I suggested a refresher course in communication skills. You are the face of Hovatek and must be sensitive to your audience which is varied and international. When you reply in "shorthand" as though explanations bore you, you're certainly not suitable for Hovatek's front office, so to speak.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2016, 06:23 PM
(11-12-2016, 01:06 PM)ckmburu That it's "totally beyond you" is the reason I suggested a refresher course in communication skills. You are the face of Hovatek and must be sensitive to your audience which is varied and international. When you reply in "shorthand" as though explanations bore you, you're certainly not suitable for Hovatek's front office, so to speak.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'll just leave it at that.
Thanks for the Honest feedback. I'm glad you understand now.
This post was last modified: 11-12-2016, 06:29 PM by hovatek.

Note!
ckmburu
ckmburu
ckmburu
12-12-2016, 09:02 AM

Thanks. No hard feelings.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2