Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Rooted Wiko kite booting to recovery after installing OTA update
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Rooted Wiko kite booting to recovery after installing OTA update

[Please help] Rooted Wiko kite booting to recovery after installing OTA update

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Enthusiastic Member
14-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Good day people, I was using my phone normally until I rooted it and I installed an OTA update (forgot to unroot it before installing the update). Now when you power on my phone it boots straight to recovery mood with a dead android guy and its stomach open and displaying "cannot load volume misc/". I've tried removing the battery and wiping the phone but its still not booting. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-12-2016, 04:25 PM
(14-12-2016, 11:52 AM)Johnsonero Good day people, I was using my phone normally until I rooted it and I installed an OTA update (forgot to unroot it before installing the update). Now when you power on my phone it boots straight to recovery mood with a dead android guy and its stomach open and displaying "cannot load volume misc/". I've tried removing the battery and wiping the phone but its still not booting. Thanks

That won't help. You'll need to flash system.img from the stock ROM as instructed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-5517.html
Do you have the firmware or access to a working Wiko Kite?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Enthusiastic Member
15-12-2016, 09:42 PM
No sir
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2016, 04:31 PM
(15-12-2016, 09:42 PM)Johnsonero No sir

First off, backup your phone in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Enthusiastic Member
07-01-2017, 04:33 AM

I've done that sir but the stock ROM for my wiki kite isn't available here
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-01-2017, 10:39 AM
(07-01-2017, 04:33 AM)Johnsonero I've done that sir but the stock ROM for my wiki kite isn't available here

Do you know anybody who uses the same model or any custom ROM created for your model?

Note!
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
Banned
08-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Flash the backup and dont flash recovery, after format with sp

Sent from my TECNO W4 using Hovatek mobile
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Johnsonero
Enthusiastic Member
08-01-2017, 12:27 PM
jospah, please can you just list the process on how to do that
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
Banned
08-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Create a backup of the phone in scatter form using miracle box dongle or crack, load the scatter on sp flashtool then format while flash except bootloader then download the rom and untick recovery. It works, i have done two different phones so far

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-01-2017, 08:57 AM

(08-01-2017, 08:24 PM)jospah prezz Create a backup of the phone in scatter form using miracle box dongle or crack, load the scatter on sp flashtool then format while flash except bootloader then download the rom and untick recovery. It works, i have done two different phones so far

The problem for him is getting the firmware.
Do you have a link to it?

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next