Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno R7 suddenly writes "phone memory damaged"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno R7 suddenly writes "phone memory damaged"

[Please help] My Tecno R7 suddenly writes "phone memory damaged"

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
27-12-2016, 08:35 PM

(27-12-2016, 07:44 PM)hovatek
(27-12-2016, 11:16 AM)dwyrght I have attempted to do a backup. The pricess progressed and stuck at 46% and it displayed *"SUM ERR: 5000000 FE000"*....

What does this mean ?

repeat backup
untick all other partitions except boot, recovery, system, cache and secro

OK.... I'm on it...
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
27-12-2016, 09:46 PM
I have attempted to do a backup but didn't find any option labelled "system" buy I however ticked the following and hoped that one of them is the system file backup intended...
0reloader
Uboot
Booting
Recovery
Sec_to
Android
Cache
And usrdata....

The backup was successful...

Is the "system" backed up or do I repeat again and what file do I look at?
Or am I done with the backup step? If so, what next ?

But in the backed up folder... I can see a "system.bin" file... Is that it ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-12-2016, 08:36 AM
(27-12-2016, 09:46 PM)dwyrght I have attempted to do a backup but didn't find any option labelled "system" buy I however ticked the following and hoped that one of them is the system file backup intended...
0reloader
Uboot
Booting
Recovery
Sec_to
Android
Cache
And usrdata....

Yes, Android = System
its backed up.
Now, proceed with the steps @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-163...l#pid94753

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
29-12-2016, 08:55 PM
(28-12-2016, 08:36 AM)hovatek
(27-12-2016, 09:46 PM)dwyrght I have attempted to do a backup but didn't find any option labelled "system" buy I however ticked the following and hoped that one of them is the system file backup intended...
0reloader
Uboot
Booting
Recovery
Sec_to
Android
Cache
And usrdata....

Yes, Android = System
its backed up.
Now, proceed with the steps @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-163...l#pid94753

OK... I'll be on it now and get back boss...
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
29-12-2016, 09:09 PM

(15-12-2016, 11:07 AM)hovatek
(14-12-2016, 07:39 PM)dwyrght Hi everyone... Please I need all the help I can get....

My Tecno R7 suddenly started automatically downloading apps and displaying ads on my phone overnight , then I switched off the data connection. Waking up this morning, I reconnected to the internet after uninstalling all the apps it downloaded and then the phone displayed "phone memory damaged, format memory" and also showed a notification that sdcard is safe to remove" even when I didn't unmount the MMC. I tried to mount the sdcard from settings but it will attempt to mount and them unmount again... Some oft the apps it downloads includes "WhatsApp help and also displays a Jumia logo" in the right side of the screen...
Now, I can't screenshot, I can't view files in both the memory card and the phone memory....

I had a similar problem earlier this year and I first wiped the cache, the phone got stuck in the "boot loader menu".. I mean where i wiped the cache and won't reboot. I had to get fairly used Tecno with a soikt screen and transfer the  panel into mine. That's what I've been using since then and now, the phone is showing similar problem...
Please how do I tackle this problem without losing the phone....
Please help me o.....

Email qasimbilaalmusab@gmail.com

This is nothing difficult to fix, except that you might lose some data.
1. Backup your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
2. Boot into factory mode (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12935.html ) and wipe emmc (if in chinese, select the option with emmc in its name)
3. Boot the phone normally then wipe phone storage under Settings > Storage
4. Connect the SD card to a PC then format it too
Let me know once done so we work on removing the remaining malware

Just an observation...

I once had a problem earlier this year where I got the phone memory damaged notification and I chose to boot into factory mode and *"wipe cache partition and format the phone"* with hope to restore the earlier backup of the phone from SD card...
But the phone never completed a boot sequence since then and I couldn't restore data either..
I had to buy another phone with a crashed screen and transfer the engine hardware into mine...

I hope this won't happen again...
I'm sorry if I'm seemingly uncertain but I felt I should mention it before going ahead..

Do I still go ahead and clean the emmc ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-12-2016, 09:26 AM
(29-12-2016, 09:09 PM)dwyrght Just an observation...

I once had a problem earlier this year where I got the phone memory damaged notification and I chose to boot into factory mode and *"wipe cache partition and format the phone"* with hope to restore the earlier backup of the phone from SD card...
But the phone never completed a boot sequence since then and I couldn't restore data either..
I had to buy another phone with a crashed screen and transfer the engine hardware into mine...

I'm sorry if I'm seemingly uncertain but I felt I should mention it before going ahead..

That would've only happened if the emmc chip was already damaged. Just to be on a safe side, skip the factory mode emmc wipe.
only do a factory reset from recovery mode first then wipe phone storage under Settings > Storage

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
30-12-2016, 06:08 PM
(30-12-2016, 09:26 AM)hovatek
(29-12-2016, 09:09 PM)dwyrght Just an observation...

That would've only happened if the emmc chip was already damaged. Just to be on a safe side, skip the factory mode emmc wipe.
only do a factory reset from recovery mode first then wipe phone storage under Settings > Storage

I have even done the emmc wipe in factory mode and it made my phone brand new in look . Though I still got the "phone memory damaged notification" but everything seemed fine....

I didn't see any option to wipe phone storage in settings >storage.. It only listed the available and used memory sizes and it greyed out the sdcard area and USB area... Would have done a screenshot but the phone won't save ...

What can I do ?
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
30-12-2016, 06:30 PM
It shows @ phone storage "mount phone storage" and when I click that option it displays phone memory damaged...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-12-2016, 07:46 PM
(30-12-2016, 06:30 PM)dwyrght It shows @ phone storage "mount phone storage" and when I click that option it displays phone memory damaged...

open your file manager.
do you have two options (Phone storage & SD card)

Note!
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
07-01-2017, 12:36 AM

(30-12-2016, 07:46 PM)hovatek
(30-12-2016, 06:30 PM)dwyrght It shows @ phone storage "mount phone storage" and when I click that option it displays phone memory damaged...

open your file manager.
do you have two options (Phone storage & SD card)

No.. I dont.... When i launch fike explorer, all i get is a home screen that says "no folder"... If u try to check other folders, nothing shows... Ill try n use a Friends Phone to snp and upload..
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next