Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno R7 suddenly writes "phone memory damaged"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno R7 suddenly writes "phone memory damaged"

[Please help] My Tecno R7 suddenly writes "phone memory damaged"

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
14-12-2016, 07:39 PM

Hi everyone... Please I need all the help I can get....

My Tecno R7 suddenly started automatically downloading apps and displaying ads on my phone overnight , then I switched off the data connection. Waking up this morning, I reconnected to the internet after uninstalling all the apps it downloaded and then the phone displayed "phone memory damaged, format memory" and also showed a notification that sdcard is safe to remove" even when I didn't unmount the MMC. I tried to mount the sdcard from settings but it will attempt to mount and them unmount again... Some oft the apps it downloads includes "WhatsApp help and also displays a Jumia logo" in the right side of the screen...
Now, I can't screenshot, I can't view files in both the memory card and the phone memory....

I had a similar problem earlier this year and I first wiped the cache, the phone got stuck in the "boot loader menu".. I mean where i wiped the cache and won't reboot. I had to get fairly used Tecno with a soikt screen and transfer the panel into mine. That's what I've been using since then and now, the phone is showing similar problem...
Please how do I tackle this problem without losing the phone....
Please help me o.....

Email qasimbilaalmusab@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-12-2016, 11:07 AM
(14-12-2016, 07:39 PM)dwyrght Hi everyone... Please I need all the help I can get....

My Tecno R7 suddenly started automatically downloading apps and displaying ads on my phone overnight , then I switched off the data connection. Waking up this morning, I reconnected to the internet after uninstalling all the apps it downloaded and then the phone displayed "phone memory damaged, format memory" and also showed a notification that sdcard is safe to remove" even when I didn't unmount the MMC. I tried to mount the sdcard from settings but it will attempt to mount and them unmount again... Some oft the apps it downloads includes "WhatsApp help and also displays a Jumia logo" in the right side of the screen...
Now, I can't screenshot, I can't view files in both the memory card and the phone memory....

I had a similar problem earlier this year and I first wiped the cache, the phone got stuck in the "boot loader menu".. I mean where i wiped the cache and won't reboot. I had to get fairly used Tecno with a soikt screen and transfer the  panel into mine. That's what I've been using since then and now, the phone is showing similar problem...
Please how do I tackle this problem without losing the phone....
Please help me o.....

Email qasimbilaalmusab@gmail.com

This is nothing difficult to fix, except that you might lose some data.
1. Backup your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
2. Boot into factory mode (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12935.html ) and wipe emmc (if in chinese, select the option with emmc in its name)
3. Boot the phone normally then wipe phone storage under Settings > Storage
4. Connect the SD card to a PC then format it too
Let me know once done so we work on removing the remaining malware

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
18-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Alright, thanks... I'll try and do that now and give you feedback later... Thanks
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
20-12-2016, 01:19 PM
I downloaded the version 2.40 of the miracle app but after installation, I get " windows cannot access the specified device , path, or file. You may not gave the appropriate permissions to access the item .

And the download didn't come as a .zip but just an exe file... Could that be a cause of the problem? Do I need to disable my antivirus?
This post was last modified: 20-12-2016, 02:23 PM by dwyrght.
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
20-12-2016, 01:27 PM

The 2.27 version says "Can not connected box, please check cable box" when I try to run it as admin so that I can install it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-12-2016, 03:48 PM
(20-12-2016, 01:27 PM)dwyrght The 2.27 version says "Can not connected box, please check cable box" when I try to run it as admin so that I can install it

According to the guide, you're supposed to run loader.exe

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
27-12-2016, 09:45 AM
(20-12-2016, 03:48 PM)hovatek
(20-12-2016, 01:27 PM)dwyrght The 2.27 version says "Can not connected box, please check cable box" when I try to run it as admin so that I can install it

Ok. That's what I did... And my antivirus went let it rest , so I disabled the antivirus ...

I'll tryy again
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
27-12-2016, 09:50 AM
(27-12-2016, 09:45 AM)dwyrght
(20-12-2016, 03:48 PM)hovatek

Ok. That's what I did... And my antivirus went let it rest , so I disabled the antivirus ...

I'll tryy again

It worked...

I'll try and do a backup now....
dwyrght
dwyrght
dwyrght
27-12-2016, 11:16 AM
I have attempted to do a backup. The pricess progressed and stuck at 46% and it displayed *"SUM ERR: 5000000 FE000"*....

What does this mean ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-12-2016, 07:44 PM

(27-12-2016, 11:16 AM)dwyrght I have attempted to do a backup. The pricess progressed and stuck at 46% and it displayed *"SUM ERR: 5000000 FE000"*....

What does this mean ?

repeat backup
untick all other partitions except boot, recovery, system, cache and secro

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next