Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO PHANTOM Z CANT DETECT USB
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO PHANTOM Z CANT DETECT USB

TECNO PHANTOM Z CANT DETECT USB

Timothy Mach
Timothy Mach
Timothy Mach
Enthusiastic Member
17-12-2016, 02:40 PM

hi EVERYONE
 i got a big problem. my Tecno a7 {phantom 7} is requesting for a privacy protection password. i cant recall it. now i want to flash the rom using sp flash tool but the phone just cahrges. ive installed all the vcom drivers available tried over 20 usbs but  its not working. the phone cant detect a usb even if its not through vcom. ive also tried over 5 laptops

the battery is  inbuilt hence cant be removed.
even the usb icon that comes at the top of any phone when connected to a pc cant be seen. 
what do i do. please help

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-12-2016, 06:39 PM
(17-12-2016, 02:40 PM)Timothy Mach hi EVERYONE
 i got a big problem. my Tecno a7 {phantom 7} is requesting for a privacy protection password. i cant recall it. now i want to flash the rom using sp flash tool but the phone just cahrges. ive installed all the vcom drivers available tried over 20 usbs but  its not working. the phone cant detect a usb even if its not through vcom. ive also tried over 5 laptops

the battery is  inbuilt hence cant be removed.
even the usb icon that comes at the top of any phone when connected to a pc cant be seen. 
what do i do. please help

I would recommend the Miracle box method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1138.html
Before this issue, was your PC able to read phone storage when connected?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timothy Mach
Timothy Mach
Timothy Mach
Enthusiastic Member
18-12-2016, 01:04 PM
yes but now it cant.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2016, 06:20 PM
(18-12-2016, 01:04 PM)Timothy Mach yes but now it cant.

That somewhat rules out hardware.
Launch device manager then connect the switched off phone
what does it get detected as?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.