Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How to Install Custom Recovery & Root ZTE Blade V0720
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to Install Custom Recovery & Root ZTE Blade V0720

[Please help] How to Install Custom Recovery & Root ZTE Blade V0720

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
daninozz
daninozz
daninozz
21-12-2016, 11:25 PM

I have made a directory with three files, the folder name is Hovatek this folder contains the Recovery.img the scatter file and now the preloader.bin from my backup.

[Image: directory.jpg]

I have attempted to flash the scatter file with those files in the directory it has taken an hour and still says its writing but its at 100% is this process finished? here is a screenshot of the miracle box.

[Image: flash2.jpg][/url]

Still recovery is stock. What did I forget to do now?
[url=https://postimage.org/]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2016, 09:30 AM
(21-12-2016, 11:25 PM)daninozz I have made a directory with three files, the folder name is Hovatek this folder contains the Recovery.img the scatter file and now the preloader.bin from my backup.
I have attempted to flash the scatter file with those files in the directory it has taken an hour and still says its writing but its at 100% is this process finished? here is a screenshot of the miracle box.
Still recovery is stock. What did I forget to do now?

Lets try Fastboot.
Setup ADB-Fastboot on your PC using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
get the phone into Fastboot using:

Code:

adb reboot-bootloader

in Fastboot, run these commands

Code:

fastboot devices
fastboot getvar unlocked

I want to know the output

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
daninozz
daninozz
daninozz
22-12-2016, 11:40 AM
unfortunately I cant go into fastboot mode on the phone on the blade there is no fastboot mode option. there is only recovery mode and meta mode, which is used for a data backup situation incase forgot pin to login to the phone.

Ive ran adb commands and the closest I can get is up to adb reboot bootloader then im stuck on meta mode.
This post was last modified: 22-12-2016, 11:40 AM by daninozz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2016, 02:16 PM
(22-12-2016, 11:40 AM)daninozz unfortunately I cant go into fastboot mode on the phone on the blade there is no fastboot mode option. there is only recovery mode and meta mode, which is used for a data backup situation incase forgot pin to login to the phone.

Ive ran adb commands and the closest I can get is up to adb reboot bootloader then im stuck on meta mode.

Hmm.
Retry flashing recovery and preloader using Miracle Box

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
daninozz
daninozz
daninozz
23-12-2016, 11:20 AM

When I try flashing recovery in that hovatek folder I only get one block load up which is the preloader block, but no recovery is this normal?

[Image: flash.jpg][url=https://postimage.org/][/url]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-12-2016, 04:22 PM
(23-12-2016, 11:20 AM)daninozz When I try flashing recovery in that hovatek folder I only get one block load up which is the preloader block, but no recovery is this normal?

Oh, Of course!
You need to rename recovery.img to recovery.bin
use your phone's file manager or 7zip on PC to do this

Note!
daninozz
daninozz
daninozz
23-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Quote:Oh, Of course!
You need to rename recovery.img to recovery.bin
use your phone's file manager or 7zip on PC to do this

Your instructions were very confusing. anyway the phone is rooted with a custom recovery  using SPFT, alot easier to use then miracle box.
This post was last modified: 23-12-2016, 06:47 PM by daninozz.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2