Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno c8 constant reboot
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno c8 constant reboot

Tecno c8 constant reboot

peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
21-12-2016, 09:16 AM

I updated my c8 to marshmallow rom dump by hovatek
It's dated 20160425
It was successful but the phone when the screen sleeps, double tapping or power button can't wake up the screen and it will end up rebooting, this is really annoying since the marshmallow rom is really awesome I can't downgrade to lollipop.
I hope there is a fix for this

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-12-2016, 06:00 PM
(21-12-2016, 09:16 AM)peter osoro I updated my c8 to marshmallow rom dump by hovatek
It's dated 20160425
It was successful but the phone when the screen sleeps, double tapping or power button can't wake up the screen and it will end up rebooting, this is really annoying since the marshmallow rom is really awesome I can't downgrade to lollipop.
I hope there is a fix for this

I would advise you revert to Lollipop using SP flash tool then search for an OTA.
The ROM is quite buggy and was only a test build

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
23-12-2016, 03:07 AM
I found how to fix this
The spft flashable rom dump by hovatek has issues.
You have to downgrade to the latest lollipop build that fixes the auto restart issue and I got it from here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5Y2uVMgv...t=download
And then use the tcard update method to install the latest marshmallow rom of build 20160425
The bug is now fixed
And this applies to those who can't install the update via recovery, update to the latest lollipop build then flash the tcard update

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-12-2016, 03:52 PM
(23-12-2016, 03:07 AM)peterĀ osoro I found how to fix this
You have to downgrade to the latest lollipop build that fixes the auto restart issue and I got it from here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5Y2uVMgv...t=download
And then use the tcard update method to install the latest marshmallow rom of build 20160425
The bug is now fixed
And this applies to those who can't install the update via recovery, update to the latest lollipop build then flash the tcard update

Awesome

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
23-12-2016, 05:21 PM

(23-12-2016, 03:07 AM)peter osoro I found how to fix this
The bug is now fixed

Please can u create tutorial for this.... it will help others who have the same issue..

Thank you
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
24-12-2016, 01:24 PM
(23-12-2016, 05:21 PM)ALBA
(23-12-2016, 03:07 AM)peter osoro I found how to fix this
The bug is now fixed

Please can u create tutorial for this.... it will help others who have the same issue..

Thank you

@hovatek how does someone create a tutorial

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-12-2016, 09:14 AM
(24-12-2016, 01:24 PM)peter osoro @hovatek how does someone create a tutorial

Nothing special. Just create a new thread. For prefix, select tutorial from the dropdown

Note!