Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android brom error : status_sec_img_too_large
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

brom error : status_sec_img_too_large

brom error : status_sec_img_too_large

Cliff
Cliff
Cliff
24-12-2016, 11:12 AM

Hi all

Iam receiving the following subject line error when I am trying to flash my son's phone that he forgot the access password on.

from research it appears the cust.img may be too large? where can I download an alternative cust.img file from?

thanks again
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-12-2016, 09:57 PM
(24-12-2016, 11:12 AM)Cliff Hi all

Iam receiving the following subject line error when I am trying to flash my son's phone that he forgot the access password on.

from research it appears the cust.img may be too large? where can I download an alternative cust.img file from?

thanks again

you only need to flash or wipe userdata.
1. What's the phone model & chipset
2. Have you tried doing a factory reset in recovery mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Cliff
Cliff
Cliff
26-12-2016, 12:31 PM
(25-12-2016, 09:57 PM)hovatek
(24-12-2016, 11:12 AM)Cliff Hi all

thanks again

you only need to flash  or wipe userdata.
1. What's the phone model & chipset
2. Have you tried doing a factory reset in recovery mode?

thanks for your reply.
I managed to get the phone restored after I downloaded a new cust.img file.....however now the imei has been cleared. I did download another tool where I need to copy an imei.bak file to the sd card, however now sure how to do that as when I try copying anything to the phone is says it cannot be access (thru windows explorer) not sure if this is because the phoneis not rooted which is something else im not understanding?

Quickest and easiest way to restore the imei?
This post was last modified: 26-12-2016, 12:33 PM by Cliff.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
27-12-2016, 07:49 AM
(26-12-2016, 12:31 PM)Cliff thanks for your reply.
I managed to get the phone restored after I downloaded a new cust.img file.....however now the imei has been cleared. I did download another tool where I need to copy an imei.bak file to the sd card, however now sure how to do that as when I try copying anything to the phone is says it cannot be access (thru windows explorer) not sure if this is because the phoneis not rooted which is something else im not understanding?

Quickest and easiest way to restore the imei?

knowing your phone model would help with a solution.
Make sure you give file explorer full permissions if its a Marshmallow phone or mount it as USB when prompted
Cliff
Cliff
Cliff
27-12-2016, 08:01 AM

Hi, it's a Redmi Note 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-12-2016, 08:36 AM
(27-12-2016, 08:01 AM)Cliff Hi, it's a Redmi Note 4

There are several methods to fix IMEI @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
This post was last modified: 27-12-2016, 08:40 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.