Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to update tecno camon c8 to marshmallow successfully
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to update tecno camon c8 to marshmallow successfully

[Tutorial] How to update tecno camon c8 to marshmallow successfully

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
26-12-2016, 07:49 PM

This tutorial is to show you how to update tecno camon c8 to marshmallow and to avoid update errors and bugs.
Team Hovatek made a ROM dump flashable with SPFT , unfortunately it has has a bug of auto restarting ,when the screen sleeps you can't wake it by double tapping,power button, connecting to a charger etc and the phone ends up restarting after around every 5 minutes unless the screen is always on.
Other people can't install the tcard update through stock recovery.
Others have used the tcard update method but still experience Auto-restart issue.
To fix all this;
You have to downgrade to the latest lollipop 20160307 build that fixes the auto restart issue and I got it from here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5Y2uVMgv...t=download.
And then use the tcard update method to install the latest marshmallow rom of build 20160425. You can get the 20160415 tcard update from here https://www.multcloud.com/share/C709F929...C615803E30

mirror link to tcard firmware @ https://www.multcloud.com/share/59ff1725...3f56049126 ; thanks to @DroidPeepz Inc
This post was last modified: 16-05-2020, 10:12 AM by X3non.
bob97
bob97
bob97
23-06-2017, 07:33 AM
I will like to download the marshmallow my c8

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek Forum
bob97
bob97
bob97
23-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Can u help me sent the link so I can download it

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek Forum
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
23-06-2017, 11:00 AM
(26-12-2016, 07:49 PM)peter osoro This tutorial is to show you how to update tecno camon c8 to marshmallow and to avoid update errors and bugs.
Team Hovatek made a ROM dump flashable with SPFT , unfortunately it has has a bug of auto restarting ,when the screen sleeps you can't wake it by double tapping,power button, connecting to a charger etc and the phone ends up restarting after around every 5 minutes unless the screen is always on.
Other people can't install the tcard update through stock recovery.
Others have used the tcard update method but still experience Auto-restart issue.
To fix all this;
You have to downgrade to the latest lollipop 20160307 build that fixes the auto restart issue and I got it from here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5Y2uVMgv...t=download.
And then use the tcard update method to install the latest marshmallow rom of build 20160425. You can get the tcard update from here http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/rom/23...structions

Have you downloaded the 2 files!

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek mobile
DroidPeepz Inc
DroidPeepz Inc
DroidPeepz Inc
Verified Account
31-07-2017, 10:51 PM

here is the mirror link i did sometime ago
http://www.multcloud.com/share/59ff1725-...3f56049126
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
08-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Hello everybody. Please... I come with three concerns.
1- I'm eager to update my Tecno Camon C8 with latest Lollipop build (C8-HÉ52-A2-L-20160307)to Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) but I'm experiencing difficulties dowloading thé update file to put on the sdcard so that to perform the update (I mean none of the provided links is working: neither tecno forum site nor multcloud). I'm not eager to put on the one hovatek dumped cause you clearly stated yourself there were bugs with that version.
Can someone please provide me a full working link to download the file ? Thanks in advance, guys .
2- Eager to install a custom recovery on the same phone but cannot do it. Actually, my phone is not recognized by MTK Droid Tools version 2.50 to 2.53 despite the fact that all the necessary drivers have been installed on my Windows 10 x64. Only the version 2.48 recognizes the phone but tells me "UNSOPPORTED OS ON THE PHONE" and when I try to root it, it just writes "CONNECTION WITH PHONE LOST NOW. Droid Tool will close now" and it closes after I click on "OK".
Finding another way, I downloaded a ported TWRP recovery img file by HOVATEK with MTK6735 scatter file and flashed it with SP Flashtool that greatly works on my machine (I used it to revive my phone, flashing that build version I'm currently running on my phone ?) but to no avail: after the flashing process finished (green OK at the end), I boot my phone and entered in the recovery but still the stock recovery there.
Since the phone isn't recognized by droid tools, I cannot use the method for CWM.
HOW CAN I DO NOW, PLEASE ?
3- I performed a data backup with my stock recovery before flashing the build I'm currently running. After the update, I tried to restore the files but despite all the time it takes for the process to finish in the stock recovery (with succesful data restoring confirmation), I still can't find any file restored.
The backup files created has .backup extension (from .backup to .backup7) and the files weight roughly 12G.
How can I have access to the content please ??? I have huge important files in that backup (I am a medical student and you can guess what...).
Thanks for helping.
Be blessed.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2017, 10:27 AM
(08-09-2017, 12:22 AM)losilmalem Hello everybody. Please... I come with three concerns.
1- I'm eager to update my Tecno Camon C8 with latest Lollipop build (C8-HÉ52-A2-L-20160307)to Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) but I'm experiencing difficulties dowloading thé update file to put on the sdcard so that to perform the update (I mean none of the provided links is working: neither tecno forum site nor multcloud). I'm not eager to put on the one hovatek dumped cause you clearly stated yourself there were bugs with that version.
Can someone please provide me a full working link to download the file ? Thanks in advance, guys .
2- Eager to install a custom recovery on the same phone but cannot do it. Actually, my phone is not recognized by MTK Droid Tools version 2.50 to 2.53 despite the fact that all the necessary drivers have been installed on my Windows 10 x64. Only the version 2.48 recognizes the phone but tells me "UNSOPPORTED OS ON THE PHONE" and when I try to root it, it just writes "CONNECTION WITH PHONE LOST NOW. Droid Tool will close now" and it closes after I click on "OK".
Finding another way, I downloaded a ported TWRP recovery img file by HOVATEK with MTK6735 scatter file and flashed it with SP Flashtool that greatly works on my machine (I used it to revive my phone, flashing that build version I'm currently running on my phone ?) but to no avail: after the flashing process finished (green OK at the end), I boot my phone and entered in the recovery but still the stock recovery there.
Since the phone isn't recognized by droid tools, I cannot use the method for CWM.
HOW CAN I DO NOW, PLEASE ?
3- I performed a data backup with my stock recovery before flashing the build I'm currently running. After the update, I tried to restore the files but despite all the time it takes for the process to finish in the stock recovery (with succesful data restoring confirmation), I still can't find any file restored.
The backup files created has .backup extension (from .backup to .backup7) and the files weight roughly 12G.
How can I have access to the content please ??? I have huge important files in that backup (I am a medical student and you can guess what...).
Thanks for helping.
Be blessed.

Please, create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
09-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Okay. Thanks sir. I shall.
Cliffe Obed
Cliffe Obed
Cliffe Obed
Enthusiastic Member
27-08-2018, 08:41 PM
the tcard download link is not working.when I try to download from multicloud it doesn't why?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-08-2018, 07:24 AM

(27-08-2018, 08:41 PM)Cliffe Obed the tcard download link is not working.when I try to download from multicloud it doesn't why?

Use this link instead https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5Y2uVMgv...t=download

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 28-08-2018, 07:25 AM by xerxes.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next