Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Request for MTN smart l680 rom
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Request for MTN smart l680 rom

Request for MTN smart l680 rom

Herbizo
Herbizo
Herbizo
27-12-2016, 10:24 PM

Dear Hovatek,
I hope this email meets you doing great. Unfortunately i myself am not faring well due to a huge error committed when flashing my MTN Smart l680 device. Confusing the roms with those for the Mtn l680(which runs on Android 5.0 instead of 6.0), I bricked my device, hence it can't be turned on. I read of a procedure to restore it, but it requires the original roms of my device which I don't possess.
I'm writing to plead with you for this rom if in your possession but not uploaded. I am also open to other ways to restore my dead device.
Thank you and have a happy new year
HELBERT
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-12-2016, 08:57 AM
(27-12-2016, 10:24 PM)Herbizo Dear Hovatek,
I hope this email meets you doing great. Unfortunately i myself am not faring well due to a huge error committed when flashing my MTN Smart l680 device. Confusing the roms with those for the Mtn l680(which runs on Android 5.0 instead of 6.0), I bricked my device, hence it can't be turned on. I read of a procedure to restore it, but it requires the original roms of my device which I don't possess.
I'm writing to plead with you for this rom if in your possession but not uploaded. I am also open to other ways to restore my dead device.
Thank you and have a happy new year
HELBERT

The firmware is not yet listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1818.html but we'll list it once available .
1. could you shed more light on what happened during flashing
2. was flashing successful or it got interrupted by an error
3. can you get access to a working phone of the same model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Herbizo
Herbizo
Herbizo
28-12-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't have access to the same model.... There was no problem when flashing the device.. The only thing was that I used the roms of a different model.... I had used the "format all + download " command
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-12-2016, 08:14 AM
(28-12-2016, 03:34 PM)Herbizo I don't have access to the same model.... There was no problem when flashing the device.. The only thing was that I used the roms of a different model.... I had used the "format all + download " command

Now, here's what I'm driving at.
If you used a firmware that's not for your model, you ought to get a mismatch error which could cause the phone to go dead.
What I want to know is if the formatting did occur (usually a red / purple bar loads) so we know if your phone went dead as a result of the interruption by error (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html ) or formatting did go through

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Herbizo
Herbizo
Herbizo
30-12-2016, 06:51 PM

(29-12-2016, 08:14 AM)hovatek
(28-12-2016, 03:34 PM)Herbizo I don't have access to the same model.... There was no problem when flashing the device.. The only thing was that I used the roms of a different model.... I had used the "format all + download " command

Now, here's what I'm driving at.
If you used a firmware that's not for your model, you ought to get a mismatch error which could cause the phone to go dead.
What I want to know is if the formatting did occur (usually a red / purple bar loads) so we know if your phone went dead as a result of the interruption by error  (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html ) or formatting did go through

I had someone bring the device back to life Sad , but i now face a new issue...the screen sensitivity input is inverted;touching the top results in activity at the bottom...Hence if i wish to touch the home button(located centre bottom), i'm supposed to touch the centre top of my screen...The proposed solution to this issue was to change the screen which costs a lot...Pls can I get any help on this issue
This post was last modified: 30-12-2016, 06:57 PM by Herbizo.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-12-2016, 01:25 PM
(30-12-2016, 06:51 PM)Herbizo I had someone bring the device back to life Sad , but i now face a new issue...the screen sensitivity input is inverted;touching the top results in activity at the bottom...Hence if i wish to touch the home button(located centre bottom), i'm supposed to touch the centre top of my screen...The proposed solution to this issue was to change the screen which costs a lot...Pls can I get any help on this issue

You'll need to set ctp_revert_y_flag=1
dump your present firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
let me know when done

Note!
Herbizo
Herbizo
Herbizo
31-12-2016, 02:26 PM
thanks for the reply....
But will dumping my firmware not result in an empty device once again??
OR is that a way to obtain the scattered file and then set ctp_revert-y_flag=1???...
Also this problem is only with the y axis...the x axis has no problem
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-01-2017, 09:57 PM
(31-12-2016, 02:26 PM)Herbizo thanks for the reply....
But will dumping my firmware not result in an empty device once again??
OR is that a way to obtain the scattered file and then set ctp_revert-y_flag=1???...
Also this problem is only with the y axis...the x axis has no problem

Dump simply means to copy or backup.
We'll need to make reference to certain files in your firmware dump

Note!