Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Development] How to root the Tecno W3 LTE

When I downloaded my twrp and extracted it, it was just recovery but not recovery.bin. So It flash it when I try to flash the twrp

Sent from my TECNO-W3LTE using the Hovatek Forum App

(04-01-2017, 08:40 PM)dosty2 Wrote: When I downloaded my twrp and extracted it, it was just recovery but not recovery.bin. So It doesn't flash it when I try to flash the twrp

(04-01-2017, 08:40 PM)dosty2 Wrote: When I downloaded my twrp and extracted it, it was just recovery but not recovery.bin. So It flash it when I try to flash the twrp

I don't quite understand you
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Hello, please my build number is W3LTE-H356D1-M-161216V55, will any of the twrp above work for my phone? thanks
(07-03-2017, 12:36 AM)bigmeech Wrote: Hello, please my build number is W3LTE-H356D1-M-161216V55, will any of the twrp above work for my phone? thanks

If your Build Number isn't listed then you'll need to provide the scatter file and recovery.img extracted from your phone
I am trying to eventually root my Techno W3LTE-H356-D1-M-HIOS-20160705. I followed this tutorial but after flashing with miracle box all efforts to boot into Twrp ends up into the stock recovery. I have tried to flash the files with SP flashtool as suggested on another thread but I am getting this error-

BROM ERROR: S_CHIP_TYPE_NOT_MATCH(3183)
H/W target baseband chip is inconsistent with scatted files.

This I find very strange as I used the exact scatter file from my back up.. .and to add I tried to flash the one provided from Hovatek. Please help me sort this out. I really want to root my fone.
(10-23-2017, 08:21 PM)ironrover Wrote: I am trying to eventually root my Techno W3LTE-H356-D1-M-HIOS-20160705. I followed this tutorial but after flashing with miracle box all efforts to boot into Twrp ends up into the stock recovery. I have tried to flash the files with SP flashtool as suggested on another thread but I am getting this error-

BROM ERROR: S_CHIP_TYPE_NOT_MATCH(3183)
H/W target baseband chip is inconsistent with scatted files.

This I find very strange as I used the exact scatter file from my back up.. .and to add I tried to flash the one provided from Hovatek. Please help me sort this out. I really want to root my fone.

1. You can't use the Miracle Box scatter file in SP Flash tool. stick to Miracle Box
2. Use the TWRP we ported for W3LTE-H356-D1-M-HIOS-20160705 and flash 3 consecutive times before attempting to boot into recovery mode
Finally!!!!!!!!!! I flashed like a billion times...but what i wasnt getting right-and its not well explained in the tutorials-is how to press the buttons to enter TWRP recovery. I pressed volume+ and power for 5-7 seconds then let go, after a few seconds the Tecno boot appears and that is when you tap vol + and power again...and voila!! TWRP. Hope this helps anyone else facing difficulty. Thank you Hovatek!!
(10-24-2017, 12:17 PM)ironrover Wrote: Finally!!!!!!!!!! I flashed like a billion times...but what i wasnt getting right-and its not well explained in the tutorials-is how to press the buttons to enter TWRP recovery. I pressed volume+ and power for 5-7 seconds then let go, after a few seconds the Tecno boot appears and that is when you tap vol + and power again...and voila!! TWRP. Hope this helps anyone else facing difficulty. Thank you Hovatek!!

We have a guide on booting into recovery mode @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html
glad you could finally root
hello good day, i have finally backup and i have done every thing successfully, but i cant boot into recovery by pressing vol.+ and power. if i just remove my hand from both, phone will boot normal. how will resolve this?