Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to manually install a driver in Windows

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 12:48 AM by X3non. )

By manually installing a driver, we actually mean installing drivers that come in .inf file format.

Note

• If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, you will need to disable drivers signature verification before you'll be allowed to install unsigned drivers in windows, see  http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-752.html for the procedure 
  • If you get the code 10 error after the installation, simply ignore it. You're getting the error because you have installed an unsigned driver.
  • If after the installation you get a yellow warning triangle beside the drive, simply ignore it. You're getting the error because you have installed an unsigned driver

How to manually install a driver in Windows

1. If the driver is within a compressed file e.g ZIP or RAR, then extract the contents of the file to any notable folder
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-1.png]

2. In Windows, go to Control Panel then open Device Manager 
  3. Alternatively you can press Win + R then type devmgmt.msc then hit the Enter button
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-2.png]

4. Right click on your PC name then, select Add legacy hardware
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-3.png]

5. The Add hardware wizard window will be launched, click Next
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-4.png]

6. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) then click Next
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-5.png]

7. Select show all devices then click Next 
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-6.png]

8. Click Have Disk...
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-7.png]

9. In the windows that appears next, click Browse... 
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-8.png]

10. In the windows that appears next, locate your driver's .inf file and select it then click Open. 
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-9.png]

11. Click OK.
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-10.png]

12. You should now see a list of drivers. Select the particular driver you wish to install then Click Next
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-11.png]

13. In the windows that appears next, click Next
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-12.png]

14. If a security window pops up, click Install (Ignore this step if no such window appears)
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-13.png]

15. Click Finish. If you get the code 10 error, Ignore it.
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-14.png]

16. Your newly installed driver should now appear on the list. 
    [Image: How-to-manually-install-a-driver-in-Windows-15.png]

Where can I get this driver? Url. I have gone through this once I thing I installed the wrong driver. I am at [email protected]
When I run SP flash I never see a progress bar during flash. Think i have bad driver. And a bricked phone.
(04-03-2017, 02:03 AM)rwilcher Wrote: Where can I get this driver? Url. I have gone through this once I thing I installed the wrong driver. I am at [email protected]
When I run SP flash I never see a progress bar during flash. Think i have bad driver. And a bricked phone.

Here's the url you are looking for together with the Installation Guide: https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile