Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Fero Mega LTE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Fero Mega LTE

[Development] How to root the Fero Mega LTE

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-01-2017, 11:11 PM

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-Fera-Mega.png]

The Fero Mega (e.g Fero_Mega_LTE_V07_20160818) is an SC8830 powered Android phone running on Android 6.

How to root the Fero Mega LTE

Code:

adb devices
adb reboot-bootloader
  • In fastboot, run the command below to flash the TWRP recovery.img

Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Power off the phone by holding the power button then boot into recovery mode
  • To boot into recovery mode Switch off the phone > Press the Power button and don’t release > Press the Volume up / increase button and keep holding both buttons > You should now see the boot animation; keep holding both buttons > Don’t release till you enter recovery mode after which you can release both buttons simultaneously  
  • In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
  • If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
  • In TWRP recovery, tap Install
  • Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it
  • Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
  • Reboot the phone normally
  • Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker
This post was last modified: 14-01-2017, 11:16 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ugooh
ugooh
ugooh
Enthusiastic Member
14-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the guide. It worked perfectly. The phone is now rooted and also have custom recovery (TWRP) installed. Thanks again
This post was last modified: 14-01-2017, 11:27 PM by hovatek.
11-09-2017, 05:01 PM
@Hovatek I have the Fero Mega LTE.. What are the chances of bricking my device or will i experience data loss after this?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2017, 05:31 PM
(11-09-2017, 05:01 PM)babatunde.oremakinde @Hovatek I have the Fero Mega LTE.. What are the chances of bricking my device or will i experience data loss after this?

If you follow the guide then you shouldn't brick your phone or lose data but ensure to backup your important data or get the pac file If you have doubts
This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 05:32 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
12-09-2017, 04:40 AM

(11-09-2017, 05:31 PM)hovatek
(11-09-2017, 05:01 PM)babatunde.oremakinde @Hovatek I have the Fero Mega LTE.. What are the chances of bricking my device or will i experience data loss after this?

If you follow the guide then you shouldn't brick your phone or lose data but ensure to backup your important data or get the pac file If you have doubts

Please can you delete all my posts and deactivate this account? My privacy is being breached using the facebook login, i'll sign up with email and username of my choice instead of my real name... thanks!
12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
(11-09-2017, 05:31 PM)hovatek

Kindly delete all my posts as i do not want my name out in public(i have created a different acoount using a username instead)..