Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Serial number problem after formatting NVRAM

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 11:51 AM by Gary92. )

Hi, I finally managed to restore the serial number using Maui Meta. In practice, the barcode field (used in Maui Meta) have 63 or 64 digits/characters: the first 23 digits/characters refer to the product number, the other ones refer to the serial number. I had to fill all 63 digits/characters, using spaces at the end of product and serial numbers. I'll make an example (look at the quotes, the underscores represent spaces, I used underscores here in the post because spaces were automatically trimmed):

Product number: "ABCDEFGHI"

Serial number: "0123456789"

Barcode string to use: "ABCDEFGHI______________0123456789______________________________"

The product and serial numbers finally appeared in "settings -> about phone -> status" menu. The original suggestion is for Lenovo P70-A but it worked with my Lenovo A2016a40, so I think it could work with other models too.

(01-20-2017, 06:20 PM)Gary92 Wrote: ...
The product and serial numbers finally appeared in "settings -> about phone -> status" menu. The original suggestion is for Lenovo P70-A but it worked with my Lenovo A2016a40, so I think it could work with other models too.

great and
thanks for the feedback