Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Serial number problem after formatting NVRAM
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Serial number problem after formatting NVRAM

[Please help] Serial number problem after formatting NVRAM

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
panku
panku
panku
Enthusiastic Member
16-01-2017, 07:36 PM

Hi, I have a problem with my phone and its NVRAM.

I rooted my phone with SP Flash Tool and, during the flashing operations, I accidentally formatted my NVRAM and lost the important informations of the device. I succeeded in restoring IMEIs and WiFi Mac address, but I'm having problems with the serial number. I tried to restore the original serial number using Maui Meta and "Barcode download", but the serial number never appears in "Settings -> About phone -> Status" of Android and, if I connect the phone to the PC through adb, the device is recognised as "0123456789ABCDEF".

Is there a way I could fix this? Thank you in advance.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
17-01-2017, 09:01 AM
(16-01-2017, 07:36 PM)Gary92 Hi, I have a problem with my phone and its NVRAM.

I rooted my phone with SP Flash Tool and, during the flashing operations, I accidentally formatted my NVRAM and lost the important informations of the device. I succeeded in restoring IMEIs and WiFi Mac address, but I'm having problems with the serial number. I tried to restore the original serial number using Maui Meta and "Barcode download", but the serial number never appears in "Settings -> About phone -> Status" of Android and, if I connect the phone to the PC through adb, the device is recognised as "0123456789ABCDEF".

Is there a way I could fix this? Thank you in advance.

I fail to see any problem here since (I believe) your phone's SIM and WIFI works fine. ADB also detects a serial number. If you must, use SN writer https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html
panku
panku
panku
Enthusiastic Member
17-01-2017, 01:04 PM
(17-01-2017, 09:01 AM)maxpayne I fail to see any problem here since (I believe) your phone's SIM and WIFI works fine. ADB also detects a serial number. If you must, use SN writer https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html

Yes, SIMs seem to work well and WiFi too. I'm not sure I put the correct mac address for WiFi but now it doesn't change every time I turn on wireless connection, at least. However, I'd like to restore the serial number too, I know it is not important for practical use but it's an important info of the device. I have the original SN and I tried to restore it using Maui Meta. The program downloads the SN into the device successfully, and if I try to upload the SN from the device the correct SN is uploaded on the PC. Unfortunately, the situation on the device is different:
  • In "settings -> about phone -> status" there's no SN field shown.
  • Invoking the dialer sequence to show the SN, a popup appears containing the message "SN: nullnull".
  • When I connect the device to the PC and invoke "adb devices", the phone is labelled as 0123456789ABCDEF.
  • If I invoke "getprop ro.serialno" or "getprop ro.boot.serialno" in a terminal, the returned value is 0123456789ABCDEF.
I tried to write the SN with SN Write Tool but the program needs an APDB file other than BPLGU file, and using my files the following error appears:
EnterAPMetaMode() _ MetaResult =
SPMETA_DLL::META_MAUI_DB_INCONSISTENT

PS - The phone I'm trying to restore is not present in firmwares collection (it's a Lenovo A2016a40 also known as Lenovo B or Lenovo Vibe B, dual SIM model).
This post was last modified: 17-01-2017, 01:27 PM by panku.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
17-01-2017, 06:36 PM
(17-01-2017, 01:04 PM)Gary92 Yes, SIMs seem to work well and WiFi too. I'm not sure I put the correct mac address for WiFi but now it doesn't change every time I turn on wireless connection, at least. However, I'd like to restore the serial number too, I know it is not important for practical use but it's an important info of the device. I have the original SN and I tried to restore it using Maui Meta. The program downloads the SN into the device successfully, and if I try to upload the SN from the device the correct SN is uploaded on the PC. Unfortunately, the situation on the device is different:
  • In "settings -> about phone -> status" there's no SN field shown.
  • Invoking the dialer sequence to show the SN, a popup appears containing the message "SN: nullnull".
  • When I connect the device to the PC and invoke "adb devices", the phone is labelled as 0123456789ABCDEF.
  • If I invoke "getprop ro.serialno" or "getprop ro.boot.serialno" in a terminal, the returned value is 0123456789ABCDEF.
I tried to write the SN with SN Write Tool but the program needs an APDB file other than BPLGU file, and using my files the following error appears:
EnterAPMetaMode() _ MetaResult =
SPMETA_DLL::META_MAUI_DB_INCONSISTENT

PS - The phone I'm trying to restore is not present in firmwares collection (it's a Lenovo A2016a40 also known as Lenovo B or Lenovo Vibe B, dual SIM model).

SN Write tool should get the job done. Those two files should be contained in the firmware. Search for the stock ROM
This post was last modified: 17-01-2017, 06:38 PM by maxpayne.
panku
panku
panku
Enthusiastic Member
17-01-2017, 06:52 PM

(17-01-2017, 06:36 PM)maxpayne SN Write tool should get the job done. Those two files should be contained in the firmware. Search for the stock ROM

I searched on the web but I did not manage to find a clean stock ROM for this device that included a correct APDB file. This is the reason why I was asking for an alternative solution or an alternative APDB file. Is SN Write Tool the only possible way?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
18-01-2017, 09:56 AM
(17-01-2017, 06:52 PM)Gary92 I searched on the web but I did not manage to find a clean stock ROM for this device that included a correct APDB file. This is the reason why I was asking for an alternative solution or an alternative APDB file. Is SN Write Tool the only possible way?

SN writer is still the best option I know.
You can checkout Xposed Serial Number Changer Module or get the TWRP NVRAM + SECRO backup from another phone of the same model
This post was last modified: 18-01-2017, 09:57 AM by maxpayne.
panku
panku
panku
Enthusiastic Member
18-01-2017, 01:30 PM
(18-01-2017, 09:56 AM)maxpayne SN writer is still the best option I know.
You can checkout Xposed Serial Number Changer Module or get the TWRP NVRAM + SECRO backup from another phone of the same model

Xposed Serial Number Changer Module doesn't apply a permanent change so it is useless for my purpose.
I have a SECRO image but I don't have a NVRAM image, so I'm still at square one.
This post was last modified: 18-01-2017, 01:31 PM by panku.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
18-01-2017, 09:47 PM
(18-01-2017, 01:30 PM)Gary92 Xposed Serial Number Changer Module doesn't apply a permanent change so it is useless for my purpose.
I have a SECRO image but I don't have a NVRAM image, so I'm still at square one.

You can try to flash the stock ROM with firmware upgrade in SP flash tool. That usually helps with baseband and serial number problems
panku
panku
panku
Enthusiastic Member
19-01-2017, 02:08 PM
(18-01-2017, 09:47 PM)maxpayne You can try to flash the stock ROM with firmware upgrade in SP flash tool. That usually helps with baseband and serial number problems

That was one of my first (unlucky) attempts. Maybe I could modify some system files containing the serial number information: what do you think about this solution?
This post was last modified: 19-01-2017, 02:09 PM by panku.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
19-01-2017, 06:30 PM

(19-01-2017, 02:08 PM)Gary92 That was one of my first (unlucky) attempts. Maybe I could modify some system files containing the serial number information: what do you think about this solution?

That could work
Pages (2): 1 2 Next