Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Error with Window Media Player
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Error with Window Media Player

Error with Window Media Player

articlew
articlew
articlew
Techie Member
24-01-2017, 08:02 AM

Hi Hovatek, thanks for helping people solve problems on devices here. 

I do experience error while playing any audio or video file with window media player. The error message is "window media player encountereda problem while playing the file". Then it displays "media changing at the top left corner of the player.

I have turned off the media player and later turned it on in the c-panel but to no change. I laterinstalled k-lite to fix the problem but no change too. Please how do I fix that? thanks
Attached Files
.png
window media p.png
Size: 31.18 KB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-01-2017, 02:33 PM
(24-01-2017, 08:02 AM)articlew I have turned off the media player and later turned it on in the c-panel but to no change. I laterinstalled k-lite to fix the problem but no change too. Please how do I fix that? thanks

i don't think the problem is from the media player
BTW does this happen to every file you attempt playing?
articlew
articlew
articlew
Techie Member
25-01-2017, 12:02 AM
Yes, it happened to every file
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-01-2017, 01:32 PM
(25-01-2017, 12:02 AM)articlew Yes, it happened to every file

thats weird
* try playing this audio files using a different media player on this same PC e.g vlc player
* then also copy out this files to a different PC or phone and try playing them using any player
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2017, 01:50 PM

(25-01-2017, 12:02 AM)articlew Yes, it happened to every file

its not an issue with Windows Media player. Must be some issue at the OS level (expecially lagging or crashing).
try doing a system restore ( https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-do-a...e-on-a-pc/ ) to a point when you weren't having that issue or run command prompt as admin and run the command below

Code:

SFC /SCANNOW
This post was last modified: 25-01-2017, 01:55 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.