Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO DROIDPAD 7C POP-UP ADS AND INSTALLS APP ANYHOW
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TECNO DROIDPAD 7C POP-UP ADS AND INSTALLS APP ANYHOW

TECNO DROIDPAD 7C POP-UP ADS AND INSTALLS APP ANYHOW

tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
25-01-2017, 11:05 AM

Hi,

I'm having a major problem with my new Tecno Droidpad 7c and the issue is that, anytime i connect to the internet, either wireless or data connection, it continuously display various ads and pop-ups. In most cases, it installs apps by itself without my knowledge.

I tried identifying the app causing this and i detected that it is one proxyServer process. Anytime i disable this proxyServer process from running, the pop-ups will stop but the worst part is, this process restarts itself within some minutes and the pop-ups surface again.

I tried various antivirus, some of them are detecting this proxyServer process but they are unable to delete it.

I tried to restore the phone to factory settings but this process will not leave my phone. I dont want to root this phone. is there anything i can do to remove this so called but/virus from my phone.?

Its really annoying, Please help!!!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2017, 02:17 PM
(25-01-2017, 11:05 AM)tkaytech Hi,

I'm having a major problem with my new Tecno Droidpad 7c and the issue is that, anytime i connect to the internet, either wireless or data connection, it continuously display various ads and pop-ups. In most cases, it installs apps by itself without my knowledge.

I tried identifying the app causing this and i detected that it is one proxyServer process. Anytime i disable this proxyServer process from running, the pop-ups will stop but the worst part is, this process restarts itself within some minutes and the pop-ups surface again.

I tried various antivirus, some of them are detecting this proxyServer process but they are unable to delete it.

I tried to restore the phone to factory settings but this process will not leave my phone. I dont want to root this phone. is there anything i can do to remove this so called but/virus from my phone.?

This issue can be fixed.
First, I want to know if the phone is rooted.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
01-02-2017, 12:27 PM
(25-01-2017, 02:17 PM)hovatek
(25-01-2017, 11:05 AM)tkaytech Hi,

This issue can be fixed.
First, I want to know if the phone is rooted.

Thanks.
The phone is not rooted, and i dont want it rooted!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-02-2017, 09:01 AM
(01-02-2017, 12:27 PM)tkaytech Thanks.
The phone is not rooted, and i dont want it rooted!
Just wanted to be sure because its weird that you'll be attacked at the system level without root, unless your phone caught a nasty malware.
In that case, you'll need to flash the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
Before you do that, ensure to dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html just incase
This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 09:03 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.