Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TECNO DROIDPAD 7C POP-UP ADS AND INSTALLS APP ANYHOW

Hi,

I'm having a major problem with my new Tecno Droidpad 7c and the issue is that, anytime i connect to the internet, either wireless or data connection, it continuously display various ads and pop-ups. In most cases, it installs apps by itself without my knowledge.

I tried identifying the app causing this and i detected that it is one proxyServer process. Anytime i disable this proxyServer process from running, the pop-ups will stop but the worst part is, this process restarts itself within some minutes and the pop-ups surface again.

I tried various antivirus, some of them are detecting this proxyServer process but they are unable to delete it.

I tried to restore the phone to factory settings but this process will not leave my phone. I dont want to root this phone. is there anything i can do to remove this so called but/virus from my phone.?

Its really annoying, Please help!!!

(01-25-2017, 11:05 AM)tkaytech Wrote: Hi,

I'm having a major problem with my new Tecno Droidpad 7c and the issue is that, anytime i connect to the internet, either wireless or data connection, it continuously display various ads and pop-ups. In most cases, it installs apps by itself without my knowledge.

I tried identifying the app causing this and i detected that it is one proxyServer process. Anytime i disable this proxyServer process from running, the pop-ups will stop but the worst part is, this process restarts itself within some minutes and the pop-ups surface again.

I tried various antivirus, some of them are detecting this proxyServer process but they are unable to delete it.

I tried to restore the phone to factory settings but this process will not leave my phone. I dont want to root this phone. is there anything i can do to remove this so called but/virus from my phone.?

This issue can be fixed.
First, I want to know if the phone is rooted.
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(01-25-2017, 02:17 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 11:05 AM)tkaytech Wrote: Hi,

This issue can be fixed.
First, I want to know if the phone is rooted.

Thanks.
The phone is not rooted, and i dont want it rooted!
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 09:03 AM by hovatek. )
(02-01-2017, 12:27 PM)tkaytech Wrote: Thanks.
The phone is not rooted, and i dont want it rooted!
Just wanted to be sure because its weird that you'll be attacked at the system level without root, unless your phone caught a nasty malware.
In that case, you'll need to flash the firmware @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html using SP flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
Before you do that, ensure to dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html just incase
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)