Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Privacy Protection Password Tecno Phantom Z
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Privacy Protection Password Tecno Phantom Z

[Please help] Privacy Protection Password Tecno Phantom Z

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
28-01-2017, 06:12 AM

(26-01-2017, 05:18 PM)Kxngzsleigh
(26-01-2017, 05:16 PM)Kxngzsleigh
(26-01-2017, 05:04 PM)ALBA
(26-01-2017, 04:17 PM)Kxngzsleigh
(26-01-2017, 03:52 PM)hovatek Hope you know You're supposed to download the version with Loader.exe

Loader.exe? Respectfully, Isn't that the version that's on the link you just gave to me above?

Please i can only asked u some few question...1. Are u the owner of the device.. or u bought it as second hand from someone?

If the device belong to u , the I will asked u to use ur sim number being first inserted to the device but if u bought it from someone else, then u need to get the person number to be able to unlock ur phone..

Thank you...
It's my phone, bought it brand new from Jumia, all I did was take my SIM out and put it back in, and the phone locked up, I didn't change SIMs or numbers on it. I'm just waiting till I get my USB cord, and then I'll try what the Hovatek representative suggested. Thank you.
Probably on a Laptop that has not being updated to Windows 10 yet. Just to be sure.
Hi Hovatek, I tried the whole process again, downloading the Miraclebox +Loader thing. Got every other step done, then I tried to run the program, when I got to where I was supposed to press the START button, the START button was unpressable, any idea why? (image attached)
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (53).png
Size: 403.51 KB / Downloads: 3
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
28-01-2017, 07:31 AM
(28-01-2017, 06:12 AM)Kxngzsleigh
(26-01-2017, 05:18 PM)Kxngzsleigh
(26-01-2017, 05:16 PM)Kxngzsleigh
(26-01-2017, 05:04 PM)ALBA
(26-01-2017, 04:17 PM)Kxngzsleigh Loader.exe? Respectfully, Isn't that the version that's on the link you just gave to me above?

Please i can only asked u some few question...1. Are u the owner of the device.. or u bought it as second hand from someone?

If the device belong to u , the I will asked u to use ur sim number being first inserted to the device but if u bought it from someone else, then u need to get the person number to be able to unlock ur phone..

Thank you...
It's my phone, bought it brand new from Jumia, all I did was take my SIM out and put it back in, and the phone locked up, I didn't change SIMs or numbers on it. I'm just waiting till I get my USB cord, and then I'll try what the Hovatek representative suggested. Thank you.
Probably on a Laptop that has not being updated to Windows 10 yet. Just to be sure.
Hi Hovatek, I tried the whole process again, downloading the Miraclebox +Loader thing. Got every other step done, then I tried to run the program, when I got to where I was supposed to press the START button, the START button was unpressable, any idea why? (image attached)
Okay, now I figured out on my own how to get the START button active again, and now I'm getting this?? none usbport. I'm at my wits end. (image attached)
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (54).png
Size: 496.69 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-01-2017, 12:58 PM
(28-01-2017, 07:31 AM)Kxngzsleigh Okay, now I figured out on my own how to get the START button active again, and now I'm getting this?? none usbport. I'm at my wits end. (image attached)

Ensure you installed VCOM drivers correctly then try a different USB cord and port

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
28-01-2017, 02:22 PM
(28-01-2017, 12:58 PM)hovatek
(28-01-2017, 07:31 AM)Kxngzsleigh Okay, now I figured out on my own how to get the START button active again, and now I'm getting this?? none usbport. I'm at my wits end. (image attached)

Ensure you installed VCOM drivers correctly then try a different USB cord and port

Brother, I have installed all, to no avail. They were formerly five drivers before that I installed, it still didnt work, so I vexed and uninstalled 3, remaining this 2 that you see
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (55).png
Size: 234.64 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-01-2017, 05:25 PM

(28-01-2017, 02:22 PM)Kxngzsleigh Brother, I have installed all, to no avail. They were formerly five drivers before that I installed, it still didnt work, so I vexed and uninstalled 3, remaining this 2 that you see

Lets run a quick test:
Power off the phone
Launch device manager
Connect the phone
What does it get detected as in Device Manager?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
21-02-2017, 04:00 AM
(28-01-2017, 05:25 PM)hovatek
(28-01-2017, 02:22 PM)Kxngzsleigh Brother, I have installed all, to no avail. They were formerly five drivers before that I installed, it still didnt work, so I vexed and uninstalled 3, remaining this 2 that you see

Lets run a quick test:
Power off the phone
Launch device manager
Connect the phone
What does it get detected as in Device Manager?

So I switched the phone off and connected it to the Laptop while Device Manager was running, it got detected as MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM (Android) (COM18) (or COM15, or COM12, depending on the port I plug it into). Then 1 second after it gets detected, it disappears. Why does it disappear, could that be the problem?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2017, 11:29 AM
(21-02-2017, 04:00 AM)Kxngzsleigh So I switched the phone off and connected it to the Laptop while Device Manager was running, it got detected as MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM (Android) (COM18) (or COM15, or COM12, depending on the port I plug it into). Then 1 second after it gets detected, it disappears. Why does it disappear, could that be the problem?

Try updating the drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
21-02-2017, 12:32 PM
(21-02-2017, 11:29 AM)hovatek
(21-02-2017, 04:00 AM)Kxngzsleigh So I switched the phone off and connected it to the Laptop while Device Manager was running, it got detected as MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM (Android) (COM18) (or COM15, or COM12, depending on the port I plug it into). Then 1 second after it gets detected, it disappears. Why does it disappear, could that be the problem?

Is that not the same thread where it shows how to install all the MediaTek drivers? Well, I was wondering, would it be a problem if USB debugging was switched off on the Tecno Phone itself before it locked. Meaning that the USB debugging is still off. And also when I tried to manually update the drivers just now, it said "Windows has determined that the driver software for this device is up to date).
This post was last modified: 21-02-2017, 12:34 PM by Kxngzsleigh. Edit Reason: small typo mistake
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
21-02-2017, 12:55 PM
(21-02-2017, 12:32 PM)Kxngzsleigh

Is that not the same thread where it shows how to install all the MediaTek drivers? Well, I was wondering, would it be a problem if USB debugging was switched off on the Tecno Phone itself before it locked. Meaning that the USB debugging is still off. And also when I tried to manually update the drivers just now, it said "Windows has determined that the driver software for this device is up to date).
Wow, finally, it has worked, I just said let me try something. After I showed the hidden devices in device manager, I uninstalled all the MediaTek drivers that were hidden and then installed the MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port, while the phone was off and still connected to the laptop. Then I unplugged the phone and connected it back, ran Miracle Box, and a new USB port was registered in Device manager and it worked finally. Thank you
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (1).png
Size: 330.9 KB / Downloads: 1
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
Kxngzsleigh
04-03-2017, 12:20 PM

(21-02-2017, 12:55 PM)Kxngzsleigh
(21-02-2017, 12:32 PM)Kxngzsleigh

Wow, finally, it has worked, I just said let me try something. After I showed the hidden devices in device manager, I uninstalled all the MediaTek drivers that were hidden and then installed the MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port, while the phone was off and still connected to the laptop. Then I unplugged the phone and connected it back, ran Miracle Box, and a new USB port was registered in Device manager and it worked finally. Thank you

Brother, its like this phone requires followup treatment. Not barely up to 2 weeks after I opened it, it started madness again. While I'm using it, it would switch off on its own, then boot up on its own again, then show the first boot up screen "Experience Smart Life" and then switch off again. Then boot up again, show the same screen again, and then switch off again, then it will boot up again (all on its own) and then show the same screen "Experience Smart Life", then maybe afterwards, it will show the next boot up screen "Tecno". Then switch off again. And I'm not even touching the Power Button its doing all this on its own. Please Help me.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next