Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK 6582 dead after flash
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] MTK 6582 dead after flash

[Please help] MTK 6582 dead after flash

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
30-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Hi Hovatek team,

I have a dead MT6582 (Micromax canvas A1 aq6501). No sign of life except detection on spflash tool. I tried download only with official stock ROM and it is successful but nothing happens. It's still dead, the ROM is definitely correct one, as a few months ago when this phone had problems, I had previously flashed the same ROM successfully.

I tried flashing preloader.bin only, green bar successful but again no vibration etc when power button is pressed, tried flashing everything that is ticked automatically when scatter file loaded but again nothing happens. It's dead only sptool detects it that too only when flashing. 

PS: How it went dead? - Last time I had flashed stock lollipop rom and then upgraded to marshmallow via OTA. I was not able to root the phone so flashed custom recovery (TWRP) and supersu, after which the phone went into bootloop. Then tried several things suggested on forum with no luck and finally used sptool and flashed with the same stock lollipop (though current OS was MM) and this is the time when it went completely dead. No sign of life anymore except spflash tool.
* I am using latest spflash tool SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1648, have even tried with 5.1424 but same problem now, it had worked last time when the phone worked successfully few months ago before this whole situation occurred.

Please help! I have very high hopes with Hovatek seeing your quick services and people's response.
This post was last modified: 30-01-2017, 07:09 PM by Bineet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-01-2017, 09:32 PM
(30-01-2017, 10:22 AM)Bineet Hi Hovatek team,

I have a dead MT6582 (Micromax canvas A1 aq6501). No sign of life except detection on spflash tool. I tried download only with official stock ROM and it is successful but nothing happens. It's still dead, the ROM is definitely correct one, as a few months ago when this phone had problems, I had previously flashed the same ROM successfully.

I tried flashing preloader.bin only, green bar successful but again no vibration etc when power button is pressed, tried flashing everything that is ticked automatically when scatter file loaded but again nothing happens. It's dead only sptool detects it that too only when flashing. 

PS: How it went dead? - Last time I had flashed stock lollipop rom and then upgraded to marshmallow via OTA. I was not able to root the phone so flashed custom recovery (TWRP) and supersu, after which the phone went into bootloop. Then tried several things suggested on forum with no luck and finally used sptool and flashed with the same stock lollipop (though current OS was MM) and this is the time when it went completely dead. No sign of life anymore except spflash tool.
* I am using latest spflash tool SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1648, have even tried with 5.1424 but same problem now, it had worked last time when the phone worked successfully few months ago before this whole situation occurred.

Please help! I have very high hopes with Hovatek seeing your quick services and people's response.

There are two possibilities here:

1. Incompatible preloader.bin (Try using a different firmware for this model)
2. Drained battery (Try taking out the battery and charging externally)

Which of the two have you tried?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
31-01-2017, 08:48 AM
(30-01-2017, 09:32 PM)hovatek
(30-01-2017, 10:22 AM)Bineet Hi Hovatek team,

There are two possibilities here:

1. Incompatible preloader.bin (Try using a different firmware for this model)
2. Drained battery (Try taking out the battery and charging externally)

Which of the two have you tried?

I have tried the first with 3 different stock ROMs the device has, Kitkat, LL and MM. Nothing worked. It also includes the LL stock ROM which actually had worked a few months ago so that ROM is definitely correct.
I do however feel drained battery might be the cause, but I've been charging the phone now for 3 days but all charging is only within the phone. No way to charge externally.

By drained battery, do you mean if we put a new battery or another similar phone's battery should it work?
This post was last modified: 31-01-2017, 10:10 AM by Bineet. Edit Reason: Updated question
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-01-2017, 08:34 PM
(31-01-2017, 08:48 AM)Bineet I have tried the first with 3 different stock ROMs the device has, Kitkat, LL and MM. Nothing worked. It also includes the LL stock ROM which actually had worked a few months ago so that ROM is definitely correct.
I do however feel drained battery might be the cause, but I've been charging the phone now for 3 days but all charging is only within the phone. No way to charge externally.

By drained battery, do you mean if we put a new battery or another similar phone's battery should it work?

So far flashing of each ROM consistently is successful but the phone isn't showing any sign of life then we need to consider a power issue. Maybe battery, power button or something else.
You should have the phone looked at for a power issue

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
01-02-2017, 03:43 AM

(31-01-2017, 08:34 PM)hovatek So far flashing of each ROM consistently is successful but the phone isn't showing any sign of life then we need to consider a power issue. Maybe battery, power button or something else.
You should have the phone looked at for a power issue

Power button couldn't possibly have gone down considering it was working all good until I flashed it. I tried inserting another battery from another phone (same model) but it's the same. It seems a usual bricked device for now. I remember before it went into this bricked state of the steps that I had tried that led it into this state were (current OS MM): 
1) Tried to root the phone, installed TWRP recovery Successfully
2) Then flashed supersu.
Phone went into bootloop
3) Flashed Marshmallow in recovery mode but it gave E:Error executing updater binary in zip and also unable to mount /cache
4) Then followed some procedures given on ytube to solve this error of such steps was advance wiping the system with repair or change file system and did change file system as well to FAT and then repaired.
5) Then tried flashing MM stock rom OTA but then it gave  unable to mount /data so I followed similar procedures again as given in ytube video it included changing file system for data to fat then back to ext4 something like that.
6) When it didn't work I came to spflash tool and flashed stock lollipop but it went into bootloop.
7) As suggested on xda forum flashed thnderzap kernel 3.5 and supersu but didn't help.
8) Frustrated flashed stock lollipop again and probably by this time due to so many flashing attempts the battery was already drained and dead.
9) After sptool flashed successfully tried opening the device but dead. 

That was the first instance of it going dead. Never recovered from there.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-02-2017, 12:19 PM
(01-02-2017, 03:43 AM)Bineet Power button couldn't possibly have gone down considering it was working all good until I flashed it. I tried inserting another battery from another phone (same model) but it's the same. It seems a usual bricked device for now. I remember before it went into this bricked state of the steps that I had tried that led it into this state were (current OS MM): 
1) Tried to root the phone, installed TWRP recovery Successfully
2) Then flashed supersu.
Phone went into bootloop
3) Flashed Marshmallow in recovery mode but it gave E:Error executing updater binary in zip and also unable to mount /cache
4) Then followed some procedures given on ytube to solve this error of such steps was advance wiping the system with repair or change file system and did change file system as well to FAT and then repaired.
5) Then tried flashing MM stock rom OTA but then it gave  unable to mount /data so I followed similar procedures again as given in ytube video it included changing file system for data to fat then back to ext4 something like that.
6) When it didn't work I came to spflash tool and flashed stock lollipop but it went into bootloop.
7) As suggested on xda forum flashed thnderzap kernel 3.5 and supersu but didn't help.
8) Frustrated flashed stock lollipop again and probably by this time due to so many flashing attempts the battery was already drained and dead.
9) After sptool flashed successfully tried opening the device but dead. 

That was the first instance of it going dead. Never recovered from there.

That kind of eliminatest a battery problem.
I need to verify some very important pieces of information:
1. How many firmware (in SP flash tool scatter format) have you tried and what Android versions?
2. Are you able to flash preloader.bin + every other file in the firmware then get the green (OK) prompt?
3. Hold the Volume increase button then connect the phone to PC, what happens both on phone and PC?
This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 01:18 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
01-02-2017, 01:55 PM
(01-02-2017, 12:19 PM)hovatek That kind of eliminatest a battery problem.
I need to verify some very important pieces of information:
1. How many firmware (in SP flash tool scatter format) have you tried and what Android versions?
2. Are you able to flash preloader.bin + every other file in the firmware then get the green (OK) prompt?
3. Hold the Volume increase button then connect the phone to PC, what happens both on phone and PC?

1- 3 Firmwares, Android Marshmallow, Lollipop and finally Kitkat.
2- Yes am able to flash them all and end with green ok tick mark.
3- It does the same thing as it does without pressing the volume increase button which is connects then disconnects and this repeats (preloader vcom port connects then disconnects and it repeats). This thing doesn't happen when it is connected with spflash tool after pressing download button, in that case it connects and gets flashed successfully.

PS: Of the flashing attempts that I made earlier before it got bricked, I also did formal all+download option. I just want to share everything that I did if that helps in troubleshooting. Thanks a lot.
This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 02:30 PM by Bineet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-02-2017, 10:55 AM
(01-02-2017, 01:55 PM)Bineet 1- 3 Firmwares, Android Marshmallow, Lollipop and finally Kitkat.
2- Yes am able to flash them all and end with green ok tick mark.
3- It does the same thing as it does without pressing the volume increase button which is connects then disconnects and this repeats (preloader vcom port connects then disconnects and it repeats). This thing doesn't happen when it is connected with spflash tool after pressing download button, in that case it connects and gets flashed successfully.

PS: Of the flashing attempts that I made earlier before it got bricked, I also did formal all+download option. I just want to share everything that I did if that helps in troubleshooting. Thanks a lot.

Your answer to 3 is inline with a power issue
Try these:
1. Hold Volume down + power then connect to a wall charger (not PC)
2. Hold Volume down + Power then connect it to PC. I expect it to attempt to install drivers on the PC
3. Hold Volume up + Down then connect to PC
5. Hold Power button then connect to wall charger
4. Disconnect the battery then hold the power button for 1 minute. reinsert and try booting up

Let me know what happens on phone and PC (if applicable) in all 5 scenarios

BTW, do you still have access to the working one?
This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 11:01 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2017, 02:45 PM
1. Hold Volume down + power then connect to a wall charger (not PC)
- Nothing happens

2. Hold Volume down + Power then connect it to PC. I expect it to attempt to install drivers on the PC
- It's the same process ie. it connects and shows in device manager in Ports as mediatek da usb vcom port (port 24) and then within 1 second or so it disconnects then again this process repeats. (The drivers are already installed)

- Same as above

- No response

4. Disconnect the battery then hold the power button for 1 minute. reinsert and try booting up
- No response

Quote:BTW, do you still have access to the working one?

Yes I do.
This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 02:46 PM by Bineet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-02-2017, 06:59 PM

(02-02-2017, 02:45 PM)Bineet 1. Hold Volume down + power then connect to a wall charger (not PC)
- Nothing happens

- It's the same process ie. it connects and shows in device manager in Ports as mediatek da usb vcom port (port 24) and then within 1 second or so it disconnects then again this process repeats. (The drivers are already installed)

- Same as above

- No response

- No response

Quote:BTW, do you still have access to the working one?

Yes I do.

Dump the firmware of the working phone in .bin format using Miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html (it takes time)
waiting...

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next