Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] SP Flash Tool on BLADE V7 Lite B06
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] SP Flash Tool on BLADE V7 Lite B06

[Please help] SP Flash Tool on BLADE V7 Lite B06

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4
Codu
Codu
Codu
17-02-2017, 09:09 PM

(16-02-2017, 11:36 AM)hovatek If that was the case then Miracle Box shouldn't have been able to identify it as MT6735(P) , read and write correctly to the phone.
I think the problem is from the scatter file or download agent we're using in SP flash tool

The scatter just provides the info about how stuff is stuffed in the device defined inside.
In this case, the CPUs are all from the same Arm branch:
MT6735 is the fast,
MT6735M is the Medium
MT6735P is the Poor Smile.

Same architecture and I/O = same software runs on the 3, out of the box only at different speeds, and thus, the DA should initialize the 3 of them in the same way, theoretically. In practice, you already saw it doesn't work.

I'll log & compare the handshakes from both softwares (MB vs SPFT) see if they match.

For me, the problem lies in the handshake because I cant see SPFT sending the DA to the phone (see the log in my first post).

Do you have a better idea/approach ?

Kindly,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-02-2017, 03:55 PM
(17-02-2017, 09:09 PM)Codu The scatter just provides the info about how stuff is stuffed in the device defined inside.
In this case, the CPUs are all from the same Arm branch:
MT6735 is the fast,
MT6735M is the Medium
MT6735P is the Poor Smile.

Same architecture and I/O = same software runs on the 3, out of the box only at different speeds, and thus, the DA should initialize the 3 of them in the same way, theoretically. In practice, you already saw it doesn't work.

I'll log & compare the handshakes from both softwares (MB vs SPFT) see if they match.

For me, the problem lies in the handshake because I cant see SPFT sending the DA to the phone (see the log in my first post).

Do you have a better idea/approach ?

Kindly,

I expect the SP flash tool log to reveal attempts to write to the phone as MT0335
Would like to see the logs anyway
On the side, what if we changed all MT6735P in the SP flash tool scatter file to MT0335 to see what SP flash tool would popup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Codu
Codu
Codu
20-02-2017, 09:17 PM
(18-02-2017, 03:55 PM)hovatek I expect the SP flash tool log to reveal attempts to write to the phone as MT0335
Would like to see the logs anyway
Please see log1.zip Smile.

(18-02-2017, 03:55 PM)hovatek On the side, what if we changed all MT6735P in the SP flash tool scatter file to MT0335 to see what SP flash tool would popup

It pops up this error.
Code:

---------------------------
Smart Phone Flash Tool
Platform MT0355 not support on this version.
Please update to latest flashtool and try again.
&OK   &Help  

Please check the attached log2.zip.

That's why in my 5th post I said I've changed the platform/storage in SPFT's XMLs:

Added the platform:
Code:

<platform name="MT0335_S00"
        simple_name="MT0335"
        owner_name="Shuai.Zhang"
    dl_auto_detect_battery="true"
    nand_util_support="false"
    image_lock_support="false"
    usb_highspeed_support="true"
    logical_addr_support="true"
      alert_no_com_port="false"
        auto_format_support="true"        
        default_bmt_blocks="80"        
        firmware_upgrade_enable="true"        
        default_da_dl_all_hs="true"
        is_default_set_format_length="true"        
        auto_format_all_support = "true"
        is_auto_polling_enable="false"
    auto_polling_upper_limit="2"
    reset_key_configuration ="PH"
    />

Added the storage:
Code:

<platform name ="MT0335">
        <nor type-name = "NOR" is-support = "false" is-support-auto-format = "false" hw-storage-type = "HW_STORAGE_NOR" mem-storage-type = "HW_MEM_NOR" storage-addressing-type = "8"></nor>
        <nand type-name = "NAND" is-support = "true" is-support-auto-format = "true" hw-storage-type = "HW_STORAGE_NAND" mem-storage-type = "HW_MEM_NAND" storage-addressing-type = "8"></nand>
        <emmc type-name = "EMMC" is-support = "true" is-support-auto-format = "true" hw-storage-type = "HW_STORAGE_EMMC" mem-storage-type = "HW_MEM_EMMC" storage-addressing-type = "16"></emmc>
        <sdmmc type-name = "SDMMC" is-support = "true" is-support-auto-format = "false" hw-storage-type = "HW_STORAGE_SDMMC" mem-storage-type = "HW_MEM_SDMMC" storage-addressing-type = "8"></sdmmc>
    </platform>

Added this to the chip mappings:
Code:

<0x335>0x6735</0x335>

In this case, the DA is sent to the phone.

And, with the correct type in the scatter (to avoid the error) I got the results in log3.zip.

/!\WARNING:
The ordinal user (or inexperienced engineer) should NOT try this, never ever. This can and will screw up the phone so rapidly, so easily and so hard you won't know what hit you.

Kindly,
Attached Files
.zip
log1.zip
Size: 31.82 KB / Downloads: 1
.zip
log2.zip
Size: 11.76 KB / Downloads: 1
.zip
log3.zip
Size: 42.28 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2017, 12:14 PM
(20-02-2017, 09:17 PM)Codu .....
In this case, the DA is sent to the phone.

And, with the correct type in the scatter (to avoid the error) I got the results in log3.zip.

/!\WARNING:
The ordinal user (or inexperienced engineer) should NOT try this, never ever. This can and will screw up the phone so rapidly, so easily and so hard you won't know what hit you.

Kindly,

From the logs, this isn't happening in SP flash tool with what we have ATM.
I'm currently searching for any scatter ROM for BLADE V7 Lite,
Came across this thread @ http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.p...5-100.html but having trouble translating. Is that close to your device because I see a scatter file and recovery. Maybe the scatter could point us right
Another thing
With reference to your post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-170...l#pid98645 , did you mean that the Miracle Box scatter file (obtained from full dump) also gave that BB Chip no match error?
This post was last modified: 21-02-2017, 12:18 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Codu
Codu
Codu
21-02-2017, 05:47 PM

(21-02-2017, 12:14 PM)hovatek From the logs, this isn't happening in SP flash tool with what we have ATM.
Maybe you are right.

(21-02-2017, 12:14 PM)hovatek I'm currently searching for any scatter ROM for BLADE V7 Lite,
Came across this thread @ http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.p...5-100.html but having trouble translating. Is that close to your device because I see a scatter file and recovery. Maybe the scatter could point us right
Yes, it's like mine, but the guys end up saying the phone is weird Smile.

(21-02-2017, 12:14 PM)hovatek Another thing
With reference to your post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-170...l#pid98645 , did you mean that the Miracle Box scatter file (obtained from full dump) also gave that BB Chip no match error?

MiracleBox does:
- report the phone as a MT6735
- read & write the flash accordingly
- not report any error during any of the mentioned processing

Kindly,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-02-2017, 09:56 AM
(21-02-2017, 05:47 PM)Codu MiracleBox does:
- report the phone as a MT6735
- read & write the flash accordingly
- not report any error during any of the mentioned processing

Kindly,

I agree that the phone is weird.
What I'm asking here is when you tried using the Miracle Box scatter file on SP flash tool (without modifying), did it also give the BB Chip Not Match?

Note!
Codu
Codu
Codu
22-02-2017, 11:07 AM
(22-02-2017, 09:56 AM)hovatek I agree that the phone is weird.
If the phone was right, I would have figure out by myself and didn't bothered you guys in the first place.

(22-02-2017, 09:56 AM)hovatek What I'm asking here is when you tried using the Miracle Box scatter file on SP flash tool (without modifying), did it also give the BB Chip Not Match?
Yes, it did.

Like I said, I'm kinda familiar with electronics and with enough time and practice, one develops some sort of 6th sense for sht...

Getting back to my 15th post, where the purpose would be to force SPFT to treat the device as a MT6735 even if the chip reports itself as MT0335.

Do you think it's doable or a good/bad idea?
Do you think SPFT may have a "let me flash this phone, disregarding the chip_id_type" mode ?

Kindly,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-02-2017, 02:28 PM
(22-02-2017, 11:07 AM)Codu Yes, it did.

Like I said, I'm kinda familiar with electronics and with enough time and practice, one develops some sort of 6th sense for sht...

Getting back to my 15th post, where the purpose would be to force SPFT to treat the device as a MT6735 even if the chip reports itself as MT0335.

Do you think it's doable or a good/bad idea?
Do you think SPFT may have a "let me flash this phone, disregarding the chip_id_type" mode ?

Kindly,

I think forcing SP flash tool to flash (in this case) could corrupt the EMMC. If any change is to be made (to achieve this), I think that change ought to be on the device itself (not SP Flash tool) . Either ways, you're trying to trick SP flash tool into flashing, its hardly ever ended well (from my experience) .

Note!
vvaaavv
vvaaavv
vvaaavv
10-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Faced this problem 0x335. I tried many versions of SPFT. The problem was solved by parsing the device and viewing the inscription on the processor. CPU MT6737V.

The output of such MT0335 (0x335) is MT6737M.
This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM by vvaaavv.
Codu
Codu
Codu
15-10-2019, 07:39 PM

(10-10-2019, 10:19 AM)vvaaavv Faced this problem 0x335. I tried many versions of SPFT. The problem was solved by parsing the device and viewing the inscription on the processor. CPU MT6737V.

The output of such MT0335 (0x335) is MT6737M.
Thank you for sharing the information.
FWIW I still use that phone (even if the PCBs are the only remaining original partsĀ  Tongue ).
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4