Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Gionee F103- Unable to restore IMEI Permanently using SN Writer or Maui META 3G Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Gionee F103- Unable to restore IMEI Permanently using SN Writer or Maui META 3G Tool

[Please help] Gionee F103- Unable to restore IMEI Permanently using SN Writer or Maui META 3G Tool

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Enthusiastic Member
09-02-2017, 07:37 PM

Hi all,

I have a Gionee F103- 2GB Version. As you may have already guessed I soft bricked my phone. Although I was able to unbrick the phone using SP Flash tool, am unable to permanently write IMEI using either SN Writer or Maui META 3G tools. Each time I reset my phone I had to manually enter the IMEI using the "MTK Engineering Mode" app. 

Using SN Write Tool

Select IMEI→Loaded both MD1_DB and AP_DB from stock ROM→Click Start→Enter IMEI and pressed OK→Remove battery and connect via USB(A message below the progress bar says"Start searching kernel com port and handshake..."→After a while it shows "FAIL" with another message like "EnterAPMetaMode():MetaResult=DEFAULT_FAIL". 

Using Maui META 3G Tool

Options→ Connect Smart phone into META Mode→ Pressed "Reconnect" and switched of the phone→Phone Boot Up and stayed in boot logo. And nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone please provide valid solutions? 

Thanks.
Attached Files
.jpg
SN Write-1.JPG
Size: 41.84 KB / Downloads: 22
.jpg
SN Write-2.jpg
Size: 621.27 KB / Downloads: 21
.jpg
Maui META-1.JPG
Size: 40.65 KB / Downloads: 31
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-02-2017, 10:33 PM
(09-02-2017, 07:37 PM)Ajithkmr Hi all,

I have a Gionee F103- 2GB Version. As you may have already guessed I soft bricked my phone. Although I was able to unbrick the phone using SP Flash tool, am unable to permanently write IMEI using either SN Writer or Maui META 3G tools. Each time I reset my phone I had to manually enter the IMEI using the "MTK Engineering Mode" app. 

Using SN Write Tool

Select IMEI→Loaded both MD1_DB and AP_DB from stock ROM→Click Start→Enter IMEI and pressed OK→Remove battery and connect via USB(A message below the progress bar says"Start searching kernel com port and handshake..."→After a while it shows "FAIL" with another message like "EnterAPMetaMode():MetaResult=DEFAULT_FAIL". 

Using Maui META 3G Tool

Options→ Connect Smart phone into META Mode→ Pressed "Reconnect" and switched of the phone→Phone Boot Up and stayed in boot logo. And nothing happens.

Thanks.

Ensure to follow the SN Writer & Maui Meta guides @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
You should also give the GSM Aladdin Box method a try
This post was last modified: 09-02-2017, 10:36 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Enthusiastic Member
11-02-2017, 09:39 AM
(09-02-2017, 10:33 PM)hovatek
(09-02-2017, 07:37 PM)Ajithkmr Hi all,

Using SN Write Tool

Using Maui META 3G Tool

Thanks.

Ensure to follow the SN Writer & Maui Meta guides @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
You should also give the GSM Aladdin Box method a try

Hi,

Tried using all tools, wasn't working. Finally reset my pc and install those drivers again, now the SN Writer tool is detecting the device but gives a message like META_MAUI_DB_INCONSISTENT. Am using the same MD1_DB and AP_DB file came with the firmware. Any help?
Attached Files
.jpg
SN Writer 3.JPG
Size: 44.15 KB / Downloads: 7
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-02-2017, 12:13 PM
(11-02-2017, 09:39 AM)Ajithkmr Hi,

Tried using all tools, wasn't working. Finally reset my pc and install those drivers again, now the SN Writer tool is detecting the device but gives a message like META_MAUI_DB_INCONSISTENT. Am using the same MD1_DB and AP_DB file came with the firmware. Any help?

The problem must be from your db files.
I need to verify something
Under Settings > About > Baseband, what do you see?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Enthusiastic Member
11-02-2017, 01:06 PM

(11-02-2017, 12:13 PM)hovatek
(11-02-2017, 09:39 AM)Ajithkmr Hi,

The problem must be from your db files.
I need to verify something
Under Settings > About > Baseband, what do you see?

Baseband Version is

MOLY.LR9.W1444.MD.LWT-G.MP.V79.P9, 2016/05/24 10:50.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-02-2017, 09:54 PM
(11-02-2017, 01:06 PM)Ajithkmr Baseband Version is

Try using a different version of SN Writer or Maui Meta. See the guides @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Note!
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Enthusiastic Member
12-02-2017, 07:52 AM
(11-02-2017, 09:54 PM)hovatek
(11-02-2017, 01:06 PM)Ajithkmr Baseband Version is

Try using a different version of SN Writer or Maui Meta. See the guides @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Tried different version of SN Writer, Maui Meta and GSM Aladdin box method. None of these worked. All showing the same result as before. Is there anyway that I can permanently write the IMEI numbers ? Thanks .
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2017, 05:03 PM
(12-02-2017, 07:52 AM)Ajithkmr Tried different version of SN Writer, Maui Meta and GSM Aladdin box method. None of these worked. All showing the same result as before. Is there anyway that I can permanently write the IMEI numbers ? Thanks .

I need to understand what you mean by none worked.
Did you get Write success with all three or got an error with all?

Note!
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Ajithkmr
Enthusiastic Member
12-02-2017, 09:26 PM
(12-02-2017, 05:03 PM)hovatek
(12-02-2017, 07:52 AM)Ajithkmr Tried different version of SN Writer, Maui Meta and GSM Aladdin box method. None of these worked. All showing the same result as before. Is there anyway that I can permanently write the IMEI numbers ? Thanks .

I need to understand what you mean by none worked.
Did you get Write success with all three or got an error with all?
Thanks. Was able to write IMEI with Maui META v9.1635.23 tool, after reinstalling the VCOM drivers etc. 
But the problem remains - 'it's not Permanent'. After a factory reset the imei was gone and showed 'IMEI: Invalid'. Is there a solution for this?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2017, 11:58 AM

(12-02-2017, 09:26 PM)Ajithkmr Thanks. Was able to write IMEI with Maui META v9.1635.23 tool, after reinstalling the VCOM drivers etc. 
But the problem remains - 'it's not Permanent'. After a factory reset the imei was gone and showed 'IMEI: Invalid'. Is there a solution for this?

Maui's write ought to be permanent. Retry SN write

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next