Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android PMT error in sp flash tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

PMT error in sp flash tool

PMT error in sp flash tool

Ali_Khan
Ali_Khan
Ali_Khan
12-02-2017, 07:33 PM

Hi I've just joined Hovatek, hope will get some help from here. I have an issue in SP Flash tool while flashing custom (twrp) recovery, i loaded scatter file and connected my phone to pc but I'm getting same error again and again "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded" then i searched on Google and it was told that formatting phone in sp flash tool will fix the issue that meant the whole system will be wiped so it doesn't make any sense because that solution was for flashing the rom not for recovery if i did reformate in the same way I'll surely get my phone bootlooped so the recovery will be of no use, I've flashed my phone 2 days back and updated to the latest build and now i try hard to root but no luck i have infinix hot s and i know how to root it but the only problem is the pmt error that keeps getting popup. Can someone here please help how to ged rid of this irritating msg that keeps on occurring while flashing recovery? I hope so
Thank you
raj555
raj555
raj555
13-02-2017, 06:23 AM
(12-02-2017, 07:33 PM)Ali_Khan Hi I've just joined Hovatek, hope will get some help from here. I have an issue in SP Flash tool while flashing custom (twrp) recovery, i loaded scatter file and connected my phone to pc but I'm getting same error again and again "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded" then i searched on Google and it was told that formatting phone in sp flash tool will fix the issue that meant the whole system will be wiped so it doesn't make any sense because that solution was for flashing the rom not for recovery if i did reformate in the same way I'll surely get my phone bootlooped so the recovery will be of no use, I've flashed my phone 2 days back and updated to the latest build and now i try hard to root but no luck i have infinix hot s and i know how to root it but the only problem is the pmt error that keeps getting popup. Can someone here please help how to ged rid of this irritating msg that keeps on occurring while flashing recovery? I hope so
Thank you

Hi ! I too got this error on my Mircromax P290 tablet, and it let to me following some advice on internet sites to select "format and download" option instead of pure "download" option in SP flash tool. Long story short, my tablet is bricked and i have separate thread here to help me recover my tablet.
I did create a backup of my tablet with Droid tools and that gives me some comfort.

The thing is that you must observe the tick marks on the partitions BEFORE you flash with SP flashtool, because it keeps changing when you change the options like "download only" etc. On NO account your "Pre-loader" and "uboot" or "secro" partitions must be flashed or formatted. Otherwise you will lose ability to control your tablet through your PC. there is option to recovery by flashing again preloader and uboot by going to BOOTROM (see modes of the VCOM driver in my post) mode on tablet but its not easy and that where i am struggling right now. and Admin hovatek is helping me.

When you get PMT changed, ROM must be downloaded, it usually means you are trying to flash an image of wrong size than set in the PMT. or your scatter file may be wrong. If you are very sure, and really got your existing ROM dump, or upgrade ROM thats 100% suited for your phone, safely on your hard disk, and the correct scatter file (check its correct by reading it and noting the hex start block and sizes of files tally , because droid tool does not prepare this automatically all the time for all cpu types, it wont tell you or warn you either beforehand) then you can go ahead and select "format and download" or "upgrade" option making SURE THAT only RECOVERY partition and nothing else is ticked in SP droid tool. Be sure to read the warning in previous para. Upgrade option needs flashing all partitions (exception preloader, uboot, secro as i told before) that will also overwrite existing PMT On phone. In this case ,warning won't appear regarding PMT error.
This post was last modified: 13-02-2017, 09:31 AM by raj555.
Ali_Khan
Ali_Khan
Ali_Khan
13-02-2017, 12:12 PM
(13-02-2017, 06:23 AM)raj555
(12-02-2017, 07:33 PM)Ali_Khan Hi I've just joined Hovatek, hope will get some help from here. I have an issue in SP Flash tool while flashing custom (twrp) recovery, i loaded scatter file and connected my phone to pc but I'm getting same error again and again "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded" then i searched on Google and it was told that formatting phone in sp flash tool will fix the issue that meant the whole system will be wiped so it doesn't make any sense because that solution was for flashing the rom not for recovery if i did reformate in the same way I'll surely get my phone bootlooped so the recovery will be of no use, I've flashed my phone 2 days back and updated to the latest build and now i try hard to root but no luck i have infinix hot s and i know how to root it but the only problem is the pmt error that keeps getting popup. Can someone here please help how to ged rid of this irritating msg that keeps on occurring while flashing recovery? I hope so
Thank you

Hi ! I too got this error on my Mircromax P290 tablet, and it let to me following some advice on internet sites to select "format and download" option instead of pure "download" option in SP flash tool. Long story short, my tablet is bricked and i have separate thread here to help me recover my tablet.
I did create a backup of my tablet with Droid tools and that gives me some comfort.

The thing is that you must observe the tick marks on the partitions BEFORE you flash with SP flashtool, because it keeps changing when you change the options like "download only" etc. On NO account your "Pre-loader" and "uboot" or "secro" partitions must be flashed or formatted. Otherwise you will lose ability to control your tablet through your PC. there is option to recovery by flashing again preloader and uboot by going to BOOTROM (see modes of the VCOM driver in my post) mode on tablet but its not easy and that where i am struggling right now. and Admin hovatek is helping me.

When you get PMT changed, ROM must be downloaded, it usually means you are trying to flash an image of wrong size than set in the PMT. or your scatter file may be wrong. If you are very sure, and really got your existing ROM dump, or upgrade ROM thats 100% suited for your phone, safely on your hard disk, and the correct scatter file (check its correct by reading it and noting the hex start block and sizes of files tally , because droid tool does not prepare this automatically all the time for all cpu types, it wont tell you or warn you either beforehand) then you can go ahead and select "format and download" or "upgrade" option making SURE THAT only RECOVERY partition and nothing else is ticked in SP droid tool. Be sure to read the warning in previous para. Upgrade option needs flashing all partitions (exception preloader, uboot, secro as i told before) that will also overwrite existing PMT On phone. In this case ,warning won't appear regarding PMT error.
thank you Raj for your reply, yes I'm 100% sure that I'm using correct recovery img coz I've flashed the same recovery earlier and than flashed superuser through recovery and my device was stuck on boot logo after that i flashed stock rom and received 2 ota update. I installed both and return to flash the img again and this error get started, when change to upgrade firmeware or formate all+download in sp flash tool it marks the all options in the recovery and when i manually tick recovery the sp changes to download only, so i think I'll have to downgrade my phone to the previous build or port another recovery for this build..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2017, 01:17 PM
(13-02-2017, 12:12 PM)Ali_Khan thank you Raj for your reply, yes I'm 100% sure that I'm using correct recovery img coz I've flashed the same recovery earlier and than flashed superuser through recovery and my device was stuck on boot logo after that i flashed stock rom and received 2 ota update. I installed both and return to flash the img again and this error get started, when change to upgrade firmeware or formate all+download in sp flash tool it marks the all options in the recovery and when i manually tick recovery the sp changes to download only, so i think I'll have to downgrade my phone to the previous build or port another recovery for this build..

I wouldn't advise you format since you're trying to flash only recovery.img
If you have a firmware (scatter format) that works on your phone (in this present Build after OTA) then use the scatter file in that ROM with the custom recovery image.
If you get the same error then you have to options:
1. Upload scatter file + recovery.img from the firmware you're able to flash (and works)
2. Dump your present firmware using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html then upload recovery.bin and scatter file
The files in 1 or 2 could be used to port a custom recovery for your Build

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ali_Khan
Ali_Khan
Ali_Khan
14-02-2017, 09:10 AM

(13-02-2017, 01:17 PM)hovatek
(13-02-2017, 12:12 PM)Ali_Khan thank you Raj for your reply, yes I'm 100% sure that I'm using correct recovery img coz I've flashed the same recovery earlier and than flashed superuser through recovery and my device was stuck on boot logo after that i flashed stock rom and received 2 ota update. I installed both and return to flash the img again and this error get started, when change to upgrade firmeware or formate all+download in sp flash tool it marks the all options in the recovery and when i manually tick recovery the sp changes to download only, so i think I'll have to downgrade my phone to the previous build or port another recovery for this build..

If you have a firmware (scatter format) that works on your phone (in this present Build after OTA) then use the scatter file in that ROM with the custom recovery image.
1. Upload scatter file + recovery.img from the firmware you're able to flash (and works)
2. Dump your present firmware using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html then upload recovery.bin and scatter file

Sorry, it's a noob question that how to use firmware scatter and recovery img together. ?
raj555
raj555
raj555
14-02-2017, 11:00 AM
[/quote]

Sorry, it's a noob question that how to use firmware scatter and recovery img together. ?
[/quote]

your OTA update changed PMT in your phone.
The previous scatter file is no longer valid if you want to keep the new (fota) Updated ROM. I think
Hovatek advised you to use the new scatter file (that applies to present updated ROM on your phone) along with the recovery.img you want to flash. You have to try this approach first as you wish to keep your current fota Updated rom.

Click scatter file load in SPflash tool. Load the scatter file as it applies to your current fota updated rom (look in that rom folder only for scatter file). Click on recovery.img row in flash tool & point it to browse to the recovery image you want to flash. Select "download" option only in flash tool.
First check if the error goes away when you try in this way. Btw Do you have the new scatter file? if not you may need to prepare it using droid tools from rom dump or by connecting to phone in USB debugging mode (adb driver & command mode).
This post was last modified: 14-02-2017, 11:04 AM by raj555.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-02-2017, 02:48 PM
(14-02-2017, 09:10 AM)Ali_Khan Sorry, it's a noob question that how to use firmware scatter and recovery img together. ?

let me break down this question.
Have you been able to flash any firmware to your phone (after OTA) using SP flash tool?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.