Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Custom ROM] My Infinix alpha marvel x502 wont boot after itranout of charge
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Custom ROM] My Infinix alpha marvel x502 wont boot after itranout of charge

[Custom ROM] My Infinix alpha marvel x502 wont boot after itranout of charge

ikenmse
ikenmse
ikenmse
05-03-2015, 08:16 AM

Ihave an infinix alpha marvel x502 running android 4.2.1 . This ran out of charge some three days ago and on plugging in I could not get it to charge nor power up.

I have been through this forum, attempted a factory reset ( Power + Volume up ) , and tried to charge for at least 4 hours.

Plugging this in a laptop I can hear the computer attempt to connect but quickly emits a connection error tone.

I have downloaded the following in an attempt to unbrick the phone as it seems to be bricked.

All MTK USB Driver 2014
SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01

Please grant me permission to download the Infinix Alpha Marvel X502 (MTK Backup) located on your google drive : https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5QDTTBwl...BN6uP.dpuf as I have no access to another phone of the same make/model to get my own MTK backup.

Thank you for your service.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-03-2015, 12:42 PM
(05-03-2015, 08:16 AM)ikenmse Ihave an infinix alpha marvel x502 running android 4.2.1 . This ran out of charge some three days ago and on plugging in I could not get it to charge nor power up.

I have been through this forum, attempted a factory reset ( Power + Volume up ) , and tried to charge for at least 4 hours.

Plugging this in a laptop I can hear the computer attempt to connect but quickly emits a connection error tone.

I have downloaded the following in an attempt to unbrick the phone as it seems to be bricked.

All MTK USB Driver 2014
SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01

Please grant me permission to download the Infinix Alpha Marvel X502 (MTK Backup)  located on your google drive : https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5QDTTBwl...BN6uP.dpuf as I have no access to another phone of the same make/model to get my own MTK backup.

Thank you for your service.

If i get you right, the only thing wrong with the phone is that it ran out of charge?
meaning it was working fine before the battery drained?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ikenmse
ikenmse
ikenmse
08-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Hello,

Sorry not to have been specific. It died off before running out,at like 20%. Since then, it is not able to charge up.

On plugging it into a laptop, I can hear the USB detected tone quickly followed by a USB connection Error. This cycle of connect/disconnect error tones keeps going on after every 30 sec or so.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2015, 10:39 AM
(08-03-2015, 07:37 AM)ikenmse Hello,

Sorry not to have been specific. It died off before running out,at like 20%. Since then, it is not able to charge up.

On plugging it into a laptop, I can hear the USB detected tone quickly followed by a USB connection Error. This cycle of connect/disconnect error tones keeps going on after every 30 sec or so.

try taking out the battery if you can. if you cant then leave it charging using a wall charger for 4 hours. let me know if it remains the same
Your battery most likely needs boosting. this is common among infinix phones
This post was last modified: 08-03-2015, 10:40 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ikenmse
ikenmse
ikenmse
14-03-2015, 09:34 AM

Thank you so much for engaging with me over this.

The phone is an alpha marvel x502 and hence the battery is fixed within it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-03-2015, 02:59 PM
(14-03-2015, 09:34 AM)ikenmse Thank you so much for engaging with me over this.

The phone is an alpha marvel x502 and hence the battery is fixed within it.

this issue isnt an OS issue so flashing shouldnt be your first line of action. happens with Tecno and Infinix phones that have inbuilt batteries. once they drain, you either have to leave connected to charger for several hours or loosen the phone and boost the battery externally

Note!
zateck
zateck
zateck
14-05-2015, 11:54 AM
but i already did that boost the battery i even checked that voltage its 4.1v.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-05-2015, 02:07 PM
(14-05-2015, 11:54 AM)zateck but i already did that boost the battery i even checked that voltage its 4.1v.

create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!