Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to backup Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to backup Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) firmware

[Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to backup Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) firmware

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-02-2017, 12:04 AM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to backup / dump / extract a Spreadtrum Android phone's firmware using Miracle Box.

Requirements

• PC
  • USB cord
  • Spreadtrum android phone (root not needed)
  • Install Spreadtrum (SPD) SCiU2 drivers ; miracle box only works on my phone while using SCIUSB2SERIAL so be sure to try other drivers on the list, one may work where the others fail
  • Download latest miracle box / thunder 

How to backup / dump the Firmware of a Spreadtrum Android phone Using Miracle Box

The steps below explain how to backup / dump or extract firmware from a spreadtrum android phone using miracle box

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/ZEeXQHzsl48

1. Extract the content of the Miracle Box zip into a folder and launch Miracle loader exe

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...ox-1-1.jpg]

2. The Miracle Box Window should open

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-2.jpg]

3. Click on the SPD tab

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-3.jpg]

4. Tick the checkbox beside Read

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-4.jpg]

5. Select the phone's chipset type from the dropdown bar

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-5.jpg]

6. Click on the Start button

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-6.jpg]

7. You should now see >> "Scanning USB Serial port..." at the bottom left hand corner. Hold the vol down button on your phone and Connect the phone to the PC (must be switched off with battery inside)

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-7.jpg]

8. A small windows should pop up. Navigate to the location you wish to save the firmware (in .mira format), give the file a name then click on Save

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-8.jpg]

9. Wait for the backup process to complete

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...-Box-9.jpg]

10. Once successful, you should get a "Read Completed" message

[Image: How-to-backup-the-Firmware-of-a-Spreadtr...Box-10.jpg]

11. You can now disconnect and power on the phone

Important Notice
  • If you don't have miracle dongle or this method doesn't work for you, then you might want to consider how to backup unisoc / spd firmware using research download tool, CM2SPD or ADB methods
  • Miracle Box ideally requires a hardware dongle / box to work. Merely installing the setup without the hardware won't work unless you're using a loader version
  • If you're using miracle box with loader then ensure to use latest version as it'll support more SPD chipset types
  • If you get the inactive start button error when using Miracle Box, then see the miracle box inactive start button fix
  • If you're using the Miracle Box loader version then you might get a warning from your Antivirus. While this is usually nothing to worry about and you would have to either temporarily disable your Antivirus or white list the Miracle Box loader to get it to work, you are entirely responsible for your action
  • On most Spreadtrum Android phones, the boot key is Volume down / decrease but some are Volume up so ensure to give both a shot if you have detection problems
  • The Miracle Box Spreadtrum backup is in .mira by default and this format can only be flashed back using Miracle Box
  • Its important that you do not interrupt the backup process else the device could go dead. Should you encounter this, take out and re-insert the battery then retry. If your battery is inbuilt then just keep charging till the phone shows a sign of life
  • You can release the boot key once backup has begun but some Spreadtrum devices encounter constant connection-disconnection so you best hold the boot key all through the process (in such cases) so that the process can auto resume

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, i'm going to be showing how to backup firmware from a spreadtrum device using miracle box.
So I'm taking it that you've already installed spreadtrum drivers on your PC. So, we'll launch miracle box tool
Once the interface for miracle box comes up, click on SPD tab
Click on read, the checkbox beside read
Select your chipset from the drop down box
Tick skip user data
Now this last part is optional depending on your device, if you get an error, you might need to change the baudrate. So I'm changing mine to 115...
Now once we click the start button you would need to connect your phone to the PC using a USB cord while holding down the volume down button.
So, i'm connecting the phone now. It would open a window for you to save the backup file.
You give it a name and you click Save.
Now we wait while the tool backs up firmware from the phone.
You'll get the message read completed once backup is successful.
Now miracle box backup saves in .Mira format and it can only be flashed back using miracle box
This post was last modified: 28-09-2021, 10:48 AM by X3non.
Ikram967
Ikram967
Ikram967
07-03-2017, 08:11 PM
(22-02-2017, 12:04 AM)X3non ..

why my phone show intilizing boot when I read spd7731 meec new chip set using miracle box
it just show intilizing boot
than nothing happened
I wait 30 but not happened anything
I couldn't read my phone
plzzzz help me
now what can I do???
This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 12:10 PM by hovatek.
Ikram967
Ikram967
Ikram967
07-03-2017, 08:16 PM
I wait 30 minutes but nothing happened anything
please somebody help me
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
Banned
08-03-2017, 04:06 AM
That is not the exact boot type,which is your phone model?

Sent from my TECNO W4 using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2017, 11:52 PM

(07-03-2017, 08:16 PM)Ikram967 I wait 30 minutes but nothing happened anything
please somebody help me

you're probably selecting the wrong boot type

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ikram967
Ikram967
Ikram967
15-03-2017, 07:38 PM
(08-03-2017, 04:06 AM)jospah prezz That is not the exact boot type,which is your phone model?

Sent from my TECNO W4 using the Hovatek Forum App

my phone model is walton ef4+
it's chipset is spd 7731
miraclebox new add this chipset
but I can't read my phone
help me bro
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2017, 09:32 AM
(15-03-2017, 07:38 PM)Ikram967 my phone model is walton ef4+
it's chipset is spd 7731
miraclebox new add this chipset
but I can't read my phone
help me bro

What version of Miracle Box are you using?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
agustino
agustino
agustino
12-12-2017, 07:12 AM
I feel this is a little bit hackish because the tool used is unofficial and (at least in my case) requires changing time settings every time you want to use it and then reverting them back later which is quite cumbersome. My question is, isn't there an official tool that can do this without the need of a cracked tool?
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
12-12-2017, 12:09 PM
(12-12-2017, 07:12 AM)agustino I feel this is a little bit hackish because the tool used is unofficial and (at least in my case) requires changing time settings every time you want to use it and then reverting them back later which is quite cumbersome. My question is, isn't there an official tool that can do this without the need of a cracked tool?

If it is too cumbersome for you then buy the box / dongle

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
EngelP
EngelP
EngelP
Enthusiastic Member
09-06-2018, 12:36 AM

(12-12-2017, 12:09 PM)maxxxiii
(12-12-2017, 07:12 AM)agustino I feel this is a little bit hackish because the tool used is unofficial and (at least in my case) requires changing time settings every time you want to use it and then reverting them back later which is quite cumbersome. My question is, isn't there an official tool that can do this without the need of a cracked tool?

If it is too cumbersome for you then buy the box / dongle

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile

Hi, I'm using Miracle Crack new version 2.58, I'm following your instructions, but in my case the bar loads and starts reading is using the button (Vol. +) And not the (-), but when it reads and reaches the 100% is frozen there for a while and a "BootLoad Error ID: 1" error message appears. Help me with this?

Or should I use the Miracle 2.27 + Loader?
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next